Smile Because Flowers

All the lads. Grab your tissues... P/3

Louis: How's Harry? :(

Niall: Doing better, he cried himself to sleep in my arms last night though.

Louis: I haven't slept.

Niall: Get some sleep, yeah? You need it.

Louis: I'm too worried and sad to fall asleep.

Niall: Crawl into Zayn's bed? Haha.

Louis: He'd kill me. Not that it would be a bad thing, so much hurt.

Niall: Don't say that. Everything happens for a reason, you'll be okay.

Louis: Five years and I've gone and fucked it all up.

Niall: Just imagine what Harry's going through....

-

Niall: Keep and eye on Louis, yeah?

Zayn: Yeah, has he been talking to you?

Niall: Yup, he's worrying me. He said dying wouldn't be a bad thing.

Zayn: You don't think he'd try anything, do you?

Niall: I wouldn't think so but I haven't ever seen Louis upset.

Zayn: I'll make sure he's okay. How's Harry?

Niall: Shattered, crying, shaking, vomiting.

Zayn: This is all my fault. I encouraged Louis to do this

Niall: Yeah, can't really do anything about it now so no need to worry. Besides, Lous his own person and he makes his own choices. Shitty choices.

Zayn: Well, send us a text if anything goes wrong and I'll do the same.

Niall: Okay

-

Harry's Point Of View:

Do you know what it's like to have the one person you love with every ounce of your being throw you away like you meant nothing to them? To be second best to drugs? Have you ever had your boyfriend walk out on you, thinking that you're bluffing; 'He won't really break up with me', 'he threatens it all the time'. I've been there for him through everything the past five and a half years, I haven't once, ever, done anything to hurt him. I mean, sure I'm really close with Niall and sometimes he gets jealous but is that me doing anything wrong? I'm not breaking the law by having a friend, I'm not tuning into a completely different person when Niall's around, I'm don't waste a lot of money on Niall (I mean, I buy him food and stuff but food is a necessity). Louis just doesn't understand the consequences of pot and that really scares me...

My phones been turned off since yesterday afternoon when I arrived at Ni's, I don't have the guts to turn it back on and even if I did, I wouldn't be able to read any messages I might have from him. I'm in so much pain and it's all because of him and his stupid mistakes, I shouldn't care, I should be moving on, I have this person and their unhealthy ways tearing me down but the love that I have for him keeps pulling me closer and closer to him- I'm in love with him, well the old him, before the cigs and bongs.

I'm honestly so grateful for Niall, he cradled me like a baby all night, bless his soul. I was pulled out of my mind when the blonde boy entered the room and ripped open the curtains, "Look, I know you're hurting and I'm sorry for that. But, Harry, I can't let you lay in bed all day, in a dark room and just let yourself fall deeper and deeper into the depression of a break up. C'mon, get up! I want to take you somewhere" As good as staying in bed all day watching movies that would have me bawling my eyes, lungs, heart and soul out sounded, I knew that wasn't a healthy way to go about the situation. So, I rolled out of Niall's bed and walked out on the balcony where he stood over looking the city below, "Thanks, Niall. I don't think I could get through this without you" He pulled me into a hug which I absolutely needed, "You're my best friend, I'm here to help you through everything" He smiled, "Besides, I know you'd do the same for me"

-

"Niall, where are you taking me?" We were far from the city now and if it was anyone else driving the car I'd be 100% convinced I was about to be murdered and chopped into thousands of pieces. "You'll love it, I know you will, it's a surprise. I just want to cheer you up a little"

Annie's Flower Nursery

"Remember back a few years ago when you were obsessed with flower crowns? Of course you do, you're still obsessed with them! Anyway, I remember seeing you so bubbly, so happy, so cheerful when you had those gorgeous flowers on your head" We got out the car and began walking towards the door, "Then, some dickheads decided to make fun of you so you stopped wearing them and I swear your mood dulled a little, ya know? Don't get me wrong, you're still happy little Haz but those crowns really did make you happy, huh?"

"Well, yeah. But boys don't wear them and I was silly for thinking that I could"

"You see that's where you're wrong. Boys can wear whatever they want and so can girls. If a girl wants to cut her hair off, wear some trainers, have toned abs and bulky muscles than she should be able to without feeling the states of strangers and dealing with bullies, right?"

"Right?" Where was he even going with all of this? "So don't you think boys should be able to wear flowers on their head, make up, have amazingly long hair and dance like a fairy if that's what they want?" I had tears threatening to spill, happy tears this time. Niall unlocked the door- how he had a key was unknown- and the second I stepped inside I was speechless. "You're going through a hard time so I thought we could make some flower crowns and they can be our armour from the cruel, real world right now" I took him by surprise when I jumped into his arms but he caught me, nonetheless and hugged me tightly. "I hate seeing you upset"

"Thank you. Thank you so much, Niall. I-I don't even know what else to say just thank you"

"You don't need to thank me, I'm doing something for my friend, it's no big deal. Mums friend owns the place, She was happy to let us pick some flowers. She really did mean it when she said she had way to many" The walls, the doors, the floors and the ceiling was covered in beautiful flowers. There was stacks of shelves with even more flowers growing to. Flowers everywhere and I really did feel a sense of happiness.

-

We spent hours choosing the right flowers for our crowns, Niall went with a yellow and blue theme while I opted for pink and white. The whole 3 hours spent in the flower house was filled with joy, not once did I think of Louis. And when we left with the flowers on our heads I knew that with the help of Niall that I'd be okay, we had our crowns now to keep the bad thoughts away.

I know I'd have to face reality again soon but for the moment I just want to be free and be happy with flowers in my hair.