Chapter 6

Above is the other dragon

"Little red dragon."

"I don't know what you're talking about." I respond quickly, too quickly. The man gave me a wicked smile. I didn't stay to find out why. I ran. I ran away, again.

Some may say that I'm a coward for running away. That I should stay and fight. But dragons have not lived as long as we have by only fighting. We run, a lot. We go into hiding to survive. We don't take pride in hiding, or running. We would much more prefer to fight and kill our enemies.

I ran from him. He should not know of my true identity. He didn't smell like a dragon, so he has to be human. But if he's human that means he's a...

No.

He can't be.

The only Hunters that could know of my color, among being a dragon, were the men who killed my parents.

I could feel him take chase behind me. I was fast in my dragon form; I was still fast in my human form, but not fast enough.

I was knocked to the ground. He rolled me over on my back and pinned my arms above my head. I tried to get out of his grip, but my arms didn't budge. How can a human pin a dragon, even with me in human form. Maybe... No, he can't be another dragon; he has to be a Hunter.

"If you're not a dragon, why'd you run?"

"Maybe 'cuz you're a creep." I say matter of factly. It only caused him to laugh.

In this position I felt completely helpless. I was on my back with my arms pinned above my head. This blue eyed man was sitting on my hips. His legs by my sides.

"Little red," he purred "I am not a creep. I just like little red she-dragons. I mean, male dragons, sure they are valuable. But she-dragons, hmm. They bring in a pretty penny, especially red ones." He held my wrists in one hand and brought his free hand to my face. His fingers trailed down the side of my face, causing me to snap my head in the opposite direction.

This creep was talking about selling me? Or killing me and selling my hide? He knows what I am, and what I look like.

I tried to buck him off, but I couldn't move. He only smiled at me.

Ahh, hell. He already knows.

I burst into my dragon, throwing him a good 20 feet away. I rise in the air quickly. Just as I thought I was free, a huge gold dragon sank its claws in my back. I roared in pain, my scales defenseless against his claws.

We went tumbling toward the ground. One of his nails had ripped through the soft, thin, flesh on my wing, making it useless. Just before we hit, he pushed his wings out and, with me in his grasp, flew to who-knows-where.

"Little red. Why did you have to do that? Now you're damaged." Gold, the dragon, said in our native language.

Phew! That took forever to write. School starts tomorrow. So updates will probably be further apart.