Chapter 11

Above is the battle gear. Minus the glasses.

Boom. Boom.

I jump awake as the explosion sounds. I could hear multiple screams, but they aren't human. I peer out from the cave and see a group of dragons plummet.

Some were only bits of Dragon.

I knew better than to fly to their aid. I'd get blown out the sky too. But why would they gather us up, just to kill us? Why not just kill us while we were chained?

I watched on as the young try to help their kin. The blood bath lasted for an hour before no more dragons came to their aid.

At mid day, another truck with a cage full of dragons arrived. I sped toward the truck, trying to find an escape. I get within a few feet before a spray of bullets hits me. I roar and turn around, flying away with the young dragons that just arrived.

__________

Days turned into weeks. I fed myself on the wildlife that lived in the area. I was finally able to change to my Hunan form. They must have given us a drug to block the change. I don't think they expected me to last this long.

_________

"Help." I croak. I was lying on the ground with slashes all over me. A Hunter that was going by heard my cry. All he saw was a teenage girl, covered in mud and blood.

He ran to me, to help me. I turn my face away from him, only to hide my smile.

"Are you okay? Did you kill the thing that did this to you?" He asks me. I look at him and smile. Confusion crossed his face a moment before I slammed my hand into his skull, cracking it.

He slumped immediately. I don't dwell over the fact that his skull was open and gushing deep red blood. I pull his outfit off of him and, after a quick dip in the nearby stream, put the battle gear on.

I use my sense of smell to find my way back to his camp. There were hundreds of them. All wearing what I'm now wearing.

"Spot any of those vile creatures?" Someone asks me. I stared at him for a moment. Before I could respond he was pulled away by someone else.

I wonder around the camp, watching everyone. It gets too overwhelming. I run toward the trees. Once in the safety of the trees, I let out a breath.

I've gotten in their camp, without them realizing. I couldn't help but smile and laugh.

An author's note after the chapter being published, oops. I meant to write it in before I published it.

Anyway, my homecoming game is tomorrow. Homecoming on Saturday. I don't like dances, so I'm only going to the football game with my band. I know I'm going to be hearing nothing but bells on people's mums. I know mums tend to be a southern thing in America, just Google homecoming mums... you'll get my point, lol.