Chapter 28

The Hunters stared as I stood up. They all backed away as I rose to my full height. In just the year I've been in here I've grown quite a bit; mentally and physically.

I raised my head and let out a roar. All the Hunters scrambled for cover, some even ran into the tree line.

Francis arrived shortly after. I watched as the black Dragon landed next to me.

"What did you want Sam? I heard your call." My brother said.

I didn't say anything, only looked at the small pile of ash that was left on the ground.

"Sam? What did you do?"

"Killed him. I killed The Boss." I said back. I paused and took a breath. "Did you know he was friends with mom? He owed her his life. She saved him from an animal attack. He said it was a cougar. Mom killed it. He saved mom's life too." My eyes meet his. "Why did she never tell us? Why did she never tell us that she had a Hunter friend?"

"Maybe she didn't like that he turned out to be a Hunter? Maybe she just didn't want us to know about them as good, as friends. She might not have wanted us to try and be friends with them, but for us to only stay away from them."

"Maybe." I said looking away from him.

"Sam." I met his gaze again. "Let's go. Okay? Leave the Hunters here. We need to get out of here. We've been in here long enough."

I nodded and followed him into the trees.

__________________

"We need to figure out how to disable whatever is keeping us inside here." I said.

"What is it that is keeping us in here?" Francis said.

"It's a force field." A voice said behind us. We both turned around to see Robert. His blonde hair was tossed everywhere.

"How..." Francis said as he narrowed his eyes. We were speaking Draconic. There was no way a human could understand it.

"I had a friend teach me. A few words still get a bit mixed up, but I understand Draconic for the most part." Robert said.

"Let me guess. A Dragon friend taught you."

"Yes, Francis. A Dragon friend taught me how to speak your language." Robert turned to me. "Do you want out or what?"

I have the rest of TBW written and will not publish all of them at once. There is one more chapter and the epilogue.