Chapter 27

"I showed you mercy once. I will not do it again." I said to The Boss.

"You're not going to do anything Sam. You're too weak." He said with a smug look on his face.

I smiled at him as I pulled my Dragon forward and shed my human skin. I lunged as The Boss raised his sword.

My red form landed behind him. My belly stung. The tip of his blade had caught my belly when I jumped. It did no damage, thanks to my tough scales, but the path it took still stung.

"Damn Dragon hides. Always so strong and thick. That would have killed any other animal." The Boss said. He raised his sword, or at least what's left of it. The Claymore's blade was now only a foot long instead of its original 4 feet.

"I loved that sword." He said looking at what was left of his weapon.

I smiled and laughed. Did he really think that a simple sword would hurt me by slashing at my belly? He must be losing his mind. He's been in the forest too long.

I fell to the ground with laughter. My body shaking as I laughed. The Boss stared at me. His angry gaze finding my amused one.

"You think it's funny. Well I'll be the one laughing when I kill you."
My laughter increased. He really thinks he can kill me! Ha!

He stalked toward me with his sword raised high. I allowed him to get close. I was on my back with my soft spot exposed.

When he got within striking range of what's left of his Claymore I grinned.

"Hey." I said but in Dragon firm it sounded like a grunt. The Boss stopped and looked at me.

"Scared now?" He said. The ego on this man!

I sucked in a tiny breath. Then as he looked at me, about to strike, I blew a tiny puff of fire at him.

His eyes widened as he realized what was happening. I tricked him. He let his ego get in the way and thought I'd be too weak, too merciful, to kill him.

His body turned to ash and it crumpled to the ground. The ashes blew away as I stood back up and faced the other Hunters.

Merry Christmas eve!!

I think there is only going to be a few more chapters of TBW.