Chapter 23

The first thing I saw was my brother. His dark eyes watching me. The broken pieces of my egg were everywhere.

"Hello, little sister." The black Dragon before me said.

"Francis. Move. Let us through." Another black Dragon said. Francis moved and let my parents see me.

"Aaron, she's red." My mother said.

"Yes, she is Mia. She's just as beautiful as her mother."

"Sam." The blinding white Dragon said.

"Huh?" Francis said.

"Her name you doofus." Father said.

"Ohh." Francis said quietly.

"My baby girl Sam." Mother said lovingly.

I looked at them on awe. This was my family. They seemed like they love each other and love me already. I climbed out of the rest of my shell and shook my wings out. I spread them out at my sides.

They were dark crimson. The thin membranes barely covering the bones. I could see thick veins running through the membranes between the bones. The veins pulsed with my heart.

I could feel the rhythm of my heart in my chest. The pulse following into my neck, my legs, and my tail. My body pulsed with my heart.

I turned my neck and looked over myself. My body was dark red. My skin stretched over my muscles.

Dragons hatch able to run, to fight.

I move my wings. I immediately lift off the ground.

"She'll be good at flying. Maybe she could be part of the scout group." Father said.

"Maybe. My daughter, the best scout in the world. The fastest Dragon alive!" Mother said. Everyone laughed. We were all happy.

I landed and nosed mother as she licked my cheek. I spent the rest of the day getting to know my family more than what I know from hearing within the egg.