Chapter 29

We were all dressed in the black combat uniforms. Robert was to my right and Francis on my left. Robert's hand was on the small of my back, leading me to where we need to go.

We were headed to the front gate. Robert knew where the power source for the force field was and we were going to disable it. There were almost no dragons left, and those who were left were almost dead from starvation.

My own ribs could still be seen. Francis wasn't much better. His ribs were just barely noticeable. We wore lose clothing to hide our emaciated bodies so the other Hunters couldn't see.

Many of the Hunters looked up as we passed. Some still watched long after we had passed them. Robert led us to a room with lots of computers in it. The cameras showed multiple camps. There was a button with a cover.

"You're relieved." Robert said to the Hunter sitting in a chair by the computers. The Hunter got up and left but not before he threw Francis and I a glare.

"Okay. This button will lower the barrier." Robert said, pointing to the button with the cover.

"Okay." I say as I flip the cover and press the button. Robert glared at me. "What?" I ask.

"An alarm will sound." He said as the alarm started.

"Oops." I tell him with a smile. I didn't care about alarms.

We run outside to see chaos. The Hunters are running every which way trying to figure out what was happening. A real smile touched my lips when I saw dragons flying away. My smile disappeared when I counted them. Only a dozen and a half were still alive. Eighteen dragons. They brought hundreds in here. Only eighteen other dragons survived, twenty if you count Francis and I.

"Time to go Sam." Robert said.

"Come with us." I said as I turned to look at him.

"Why? I'm a Hunter. You're supposed to hate me." He said.

"You are helping us. Let us help you by getting get you out of here. Unless you wants to stay?"

"Hell no. Get me out of this hellhole." Robert yells. I smile and let my true form surface as Francis does the same.

"Hold on tight." I tell Robert as he climbs on my back. I could feel him grip onto one of the small spikes along my back.

With a roar from both Francis and I we launched ourselves into the sky.

___________________________

"Thank you Robert." I tell him as he gets off me.

"Just doing what any decent human being would do." He came and stood in front of me. "You really are beautiful." I laughed and nosed him.

"I'm just a dragon, nothing special Robert."

"Okay. I only understood just, dragon, and my name." confusion clear in his voice. "I'm guessing it was something like 'just a dragon Robert'." I nodded my head.

"Little sister. It's time to go." Francis told me.

"Bye Sam, Francis." Robert said, nodding at us when he said our name. He turned around and began walking away.

"Bye Robert." I told his retreating figure.

"Come on Sam. Let's go."

"Where are we going?" I looked up at my brother. His green eyes held sadness. Why sadness? Where are we going?

"We're going home."