Chapter One: Reluctant Goodbyes

I wake up at around 7:45 am to remember that Leo is leaving this morning for Chicago with his family in a few hours. And if I hurry up, I can go to his house in time to send him off with bittersweet smiles. I grab my crutches from the side of my bed and make my way very carefully down the stairs after throwing on a fresh change of clothes. I can't take my bike to the Fitpatricks house because of my leg's condition, and I don't feel the need to wake my parents to drive me over, especially since it's only a couple of blocks away. So I'm walking, or rather, hobbling on my crutches over to the house. I had already texted Leo beforehand that I was coming over so that no surprises were springing forward.
Leo opens the front door and comes outside to join me when I arrive.
We stand there awkwardly for a minute, obviously not remembering that our moments together are dwindling by the minute, until Leo breaks the silence. "I, um, know that we don't want for me to go to Chicago, but let's try to tough it out for the next ten days?"
I nod again, not knowing if I should say something. And then I don't know what's happening when Leo pulls me in for a kiss. It feels so light, feather weight, and I feel like I'm flying on soft pink clouds in the heavens. I lose control of what's around me--like the woman glaring at us while strolling her baby down the sidewalk, and then we part.
We stand there awkwardly again on his porch, not knowing what to say or do. But Leo finally seems to know what he's doing as he takes both of my hands in his and starts giving them both a gentle kiss.
Mrs. Fitzpatrick then decides this is the perfect moment to barge outside carrying two boxes and a luggage. Leo immediately lets go of my hands and rushes up to his mother to help her with the luggage. I resort to attempting to wipe off the ridiculously goofy smile from my face. I'm sure I'm still blushing. How do I make it stop?!
Mrs. Fitzpatrick and Leo climb into the van, and wave to me. I wave back.
Mr Fitzpatrick comes outside with two more luggages and tosses them in the trunk of the van, then hops into the drivers seat. He says goodbye to me on the way.
Then the car pulls out of the driveway, and it leaves down the street. It all happened way too quickly. A wave to Leo was hardly a goodbye. And soon, the van gets smaller and smaller, and finally it turns the corner and it's gone.
I walk to the bench on the Fitzpatricks porch and sit down. I wish it didn't feel as bad as it does. I desperately need a distraction from this nonsense. I pull out my phone and call Tara and Rory. I'm going to need an impromptu slumber party.
A/N: hey guys! Long time no see! I was planning to write out a bunch of chapters first to make sure that I was really getting into this, which I AM, so I made a change of plans. So now I'm going to be just posting as I go, because I already wrote out chapter two. And technically this chapter would've been posted earlier, but for some reason it didn't save properly and I had to write this chapter all over again.
I hope you liked this chapter; it took me awhile to come up with an intriguing first chapter. So let me know how you feel about this chapter in the comments. And if you have any suggestions as to how I should make this fan fiction better for you, let me know this as well in the comments.
Until next time, remember to vote, comment and keep on writing!
Thx