Chapter Four: A Poem From A Lover's Loss

School is not nearly the same without Leo there to help me, especially now that I have to use crutches for the next couple of weeks. But luckily it goes by faster than I anticipated and now Tara, Rory, David and I are all in front of the store again. Rory knocks on the front door, because the inside looks dark but Grace said to knock anyways before we left the school.
Grace herself answers the door, and I don't even question why she was in there chilling in the dark, because maybe there's some sort of magical connection behind it. She smiles, "Hey you guys, come on in! I'll show you the PS's in the back, and maybe with a little bit more research in the spell books I have, we could figure out how to get this curse to return the way it was before."
David says, "So this is going to be the second time I'm entering this place right?"
Grace nods, letting us in one at a time. "Right, the first time being before Amanda and Leo's birthdays."
~~~
It's been an hour since we've arrived here, and we still can't seem to figure out how to change it back.
Rory grumbles, "Cant we just ask Angelina to fix this?"
Grace looks at her strange. "Are you kidding? I would if I could but I haven't seen her in days. And when I went to see if she's home, there was a note at the door that says she's out with family."
Rory puts her head in her hands.
Tara suggests, "Maybe you could try to find a different spell. Like one to get rid of the curse all together?"
Grace shakes her head. "I thought of that too. We can't do that since it's already set in Amanda and Leo's past generations."
It seems like we're going nowhere, probably since that's true. I furrow my eyebrows, turning pages of what seems to be useless spell chants. I have no idea what all these pronunciations are, but they surely mean important things to Angelina and Grace. It's so fascinating that these spells can change others' lives.
"You know what?" David begins, clearly getting tired and flustered. "I think we should call it a break. I know we really weren't able to find anything today, but let's try again tomorrow and see if anything comes up."
The rest of us all groan at the thought of doing this again tomorrow.
~~~
Tara's mother picks us up and brings us all back to our respective houses.
I check the mailbox before I go inside, not expecting to find anything important. But when my hand resurfaces holding an envelope registered From Leo, To Amanda, I'm freaking out.
The second my mother opens the door to let me in, I go up the stairs the fastest pace having these crutches will allow me. The second I shut myself in my bedroom and leap into my bed, I rip open the letter and start reading.
Hey Amanda,
I was planning on giving this to you before I left, but I just couldn't bring myself to doing it. I'm sorry. Please don't be mad. Here's what I wrote especially for you:
You drag me out the house when I'm sad,
You console me when I'm mad.
You're the reason why I get up,
But now I've given up.
There has been something I've been meaning to say,
But now we're so far away.
I'll say it now, please don't be cross,
I've moved to Chicago.
Yours forever,
Leo
I toss the paper across the room. I think, how can he be mine forever if I'll never see him again? And then I realize, oh no... The curse. And I get out of bed and call Grace fast.
A/N: so the curse came to bite them in the back again. I'm putting out a little survey. Please vote in the comments which you prefer. And the majority's decision will affect how the story is going to, but it's not life changing or anything.
Either vote for:
- Amanda is too sad, because of Leo, to talk to anyone so they have to come over and read the letter to find out what's really happening, and then they go to the store to try to fix the curse
OR
- Amanda calls Grace and they go to the store to try to fix the curse.

It's all your decision!
Until next time, remember to vote, comment and keep on writing!