Chapter Three: Portable Souls Stress

Quick side note: the MegCreates dictionary definition of the term 'Portable Souls' is defined as the following: All found in the back of Angelina's Sweet Repeats and Collectibles as 'mailboxes,' these Portable Souls or PS's represent all the enchantments and characteristics of all the residents of Willow Falls, with one PS per person. People connected to one another have their PS closer to each other.
And now we proceed back to the story:
Kylie knew didn't complain once we'd explained to her that Grace was in danger. She is now in the know of Grace's powers ever since David's father was healed. Word goes around in this small town--a town now without Leo in it...
Tara explains the emergency messages that Grace sent to my laptop now that the three of us are in the back of Kylie's car. "She told me that something happened with the Portable Souls. She mentioned that she'll explain everything when we get there."
And that's all that was said until the ride to the shop came to an end--which got a little awkward to be honest, but with worry and anxiety on my mind, who cares about awkwardness?
Grace is already at the front door of the shop when we get there. Kylie tells us that she'll wait outside with the car.
I tell her. "You really don't have to; we could walk home." I say this to be nice, but I really hope she insists to drive us home, because I honestly don't want to use my crutches any more than I already have to. And so I'm so grateful when she replies, "You crazy? With your leg like that? Not on my watch!"
I laugh. "Okay, fine." And I join Tara and Rory, who are already walking up to join Grace.
Speaking of Grace, she looks so drenched with worry, the worry seems to be spreading to me, adding to the nervousness I already have. "Omg girls, I'm so happy you're all here. As you can see by the closed store, well, it's closed. Angelina left for home awhile ago, and I just came because it was the most convenient place for us to meet." I take a look at the store behind her, and sure enough, the lights are out and the door seems shut well. I suppose we'll just be talking out here for the next few minutes.
Tara asks, "So what happened?"
Grace nervously says, "Well, a few days ago, Angelina and I were training me to learn the enchantment that allows all the newborn babies to be healthy. And I pronounced something in the chant wrong, and it made something weird happen to the Portable Souls. Leo and Amanda's PS's fell to the ground, and all of the PS's around them shook and vibrated. And at first I knew something was wrong, but Angelina--being Angelina--didn't want to admit to it. So I did a little research, and apparently I might have changed your curse to being only fourteen days of not talking to each other to make the repeating days curse work, and not a year. So since Leo is gone on vacation, you two won't be able to talk to each other. So about the PS's that shook around yours and Leo's; those people will be aware of the repeating days when they happen, like you and Leo. So since you girls are all connected to each other, your PS's are close to one another, which means that Tara and Rory's PS's are probably amongst the ones that shook. Are you all following to what I'm saying right now?"
We nod slowly, taking in her words. Then Rory notes something to all of us, "Hold on Grace. If the spell only works after fourteen days, then it won't matter because Leo's only gone for ten days."
Grace furrows her eyebrows in question. "Is that so? I'm sure I heard someone say he would be gone longer, but I guess I'm wrong..."
Tara says, "Alright so we don't have to worry about that, but we could help you tomorrow after school to figure out how to change the spell back to a year."
Grace reluctantly says, "Okay."
A/N: so it was basically a false alarm... For now... You'll see when as the sequel progresses. I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter. I really enjoyed myself when writing it.
Any suggestions? Please write them in the comments! Any predictions? Include them in the comments! Any burning questions, either about the fanfiction or about me? I'll respond to all your comments!
Until next time, remember to vote, comment and keep on writing!
Thx