Chapter Seven: Times of Dilemma

Grace has been busy at work all week searching for something that would help us. She hasn't told Angelina about the whole thing yet, just because first of all, she's sure that she's already aware, and secondly, because she only wants to tell her when she feels as though the time was of the essence. Time is running out, but there's still a whole week left before the curse takes its toll. I am worried, but if Grace isn't showing any signs of emergency yet, there shouldn't be a reason for me to do just that.
I'm at school now, with Rory by my side carrying my books as I hobble down the stairs with my crutches. I have an appointment after school concerning my knee at the doctors, but I don't want to worry about that either until later.
At the bottom of the stairs, Rory and I start to walk a little faster as the bell for the next class is going to ring soon. We have English class next, and even though I know that Ms. Daly is pretty laid back when it comes to somebody with a broken anything, she's not actually here today, leaving a substitute in her place.
When we arrive at the class, Rory brings my books over to my desk as I settle my crutches on the wall next to me, and then she walks over to her own desk across the room. Having last names of Ellerby and Swenson are not going to be in our favour when the teacher places us in alphabetical order for the year. I glance over to my side, where I find an empty desk where Leo once sat. The substitute introduced themselves and we were soon all drowned out by endless lecturing of math equations and answers.
~~~
Later that day, my mother picks me up from school since she doesn't have a consultation for interior decorating this afternoon. We head over to the doctors office, where I find out that my knee is healing at a fine easy pace. The doctor told me that I'd have to have the crutches for another three weeks for the knee to heal completely. I don't mind; its just that I was hoping for some time sooner to rid of these pair of crutches.
When I get back in the car after the appointment and turn on my phone, I see that I received many messages from Grace. Its five thirty now, and Grace sent me seven messages, the first coming in at three thirty. They say:
Grace (3:30): Omg Amanda. Come to the store now. Emergency. Everyone else is on their way.
Grace (3:47): Amanda where are you. We're waiting for you.
Grace (3:48): okay. Rory just remembered about your doctors appt. So I'll just tell the ppl here the news for now.
Grace (4:15): how long is your appointment?
Grace (4:16): ??
Grace (4:39): okay, text me when you're out of the doctors office.
Grace (5:15): come to my house when you see this message.
Seeing all of these messages and seeing how Grace is reacting to something supposedly bad, I'm getting worried. What could the news be that she was in such a rush to tell or warn everyone else? I tell my mother to drop me off at Grace and Connor's house instead of our own. "Don't worry," I assure her, seeing that unsure look on her face. "I'll manage finding some sort of transportation home."
Once we get to the house and my mom drops me off, I get to the door as quickly as a girl with crutches can. But before I could knock, Grace swings the door open hastily, as though she had been camping inside at the door waiting for me this whole time.
She doesn't even ask why I didn't get the chance to text back, because she skips right to the news. She turns pale as she says it. It hits me abruptly. "Angelina knows. She knew this whole time." A/N: hey everyone! So its been a few days since I'd been able to write for you guys. But I'm glad I finally got the chance to get this chapter out there. Sometimes its a little difficult to put all your thoughts into words on a screen/paper and that's what happened to me the past couple of days.
If you want to comment on what you think is going to happen next in the story, go right ahead! And I'll try my best to reply to any of your questions and/or commentary.
Until next time, remember to vote, comment and keep on writing!
Thx