Chapter Thirteen: The Day Before Madness Begins

The day before the end of the fourteen days:
I wake and realize after a second that I overslept. I was supposed to get up early today so that we could all meet at my house. It's ten. We were supposed to meet here at 9:30. Oops. I swing my legs over the side of the bed and get up, reaching over for the crutches. I only realize now that my friends must be here by now. And I only realize now that there are whispers coming from downstairs. Okay, they're here already. Probably in the living room, I think to myself. I should probably get downstairs to see them. I quickly fix my hair to make it not seem like I'd just got hit by a train--even though all I did was sleep on it--and I make my way downstairs.
I purposely make a lot of noise coming down the stairs so that they would know that I was coming. Knowing Rory, she would probably coming to help me carry my crutches down the stairs. I suppose that my actions here can be a little bit of taking advantage of my friend's weaknesses, but I choose to also think that Rory would do this anyways for anyone else, not just me in particular.
And I was right. The second in which Rory hears me coming down the stairs, her head turns to face the stairs. She lights up when she sees me, and this gets the attention of David, Tara and Grace. They see me, and they wave and give a chorus of hi's. Whilst this is happening, Rory gets up and helps me down the stairs. I give her a thanks and she smiles back at me.
I immediately apologize to my friends when we reach the landing of the stairs. "Guys, I'm so sorry that I overslept. I completely forgot to set the alarm last night."
Tara dismisses my thought with a shake of her head and a wave of her hand. "Don't you worry about it. We actually came early, around nine, and your mother was up, getting ready to go to the grocery store. She let us raid the kitchen for breakfast. Hence the dirty plates there." She nods her head towards the coffee table across the room, which I now see has a stack of dirty plates. Looks like they had some fruit, waffles and toasts with jam to eat while I was still sleeping. Gosh, why didn't they wake me. I choose not to ask this, because I suddenly remember of the reason why they're here in the first place. I ask, "Grace, what should we do to prepare for tomorrow?"
She rubs the palms of her hands together, like she was about to get to rolling in the mud. "Well, tomorrow when you all wake up, the curse will have already been put into action, and so you will all be either in the past, or future. Either way, you should all be together, because all of your Portable Souls had shaken at the same time when I conjured the spell wrong."
David nods. "What about you?"
Grace's face remains expressionless. "My Portable Soul wasn't affected when I used the spell, so I won't be put into the past or future like the rest of you. But the thing is, I'm quite certain that with whatever happens as of tomorrow, if you all go into the past, that means that Leo will still be here in Willow Falls."
I take in a gulp of air. My chest tightens at the thought. I hope to get a chance to see him soon, even if it's in the means of time-travelling.
Grace continues, "So another thing is that I suspect that if you go to the past, you would be sent there because fate wants you to change something that has happened in the past. And act quick that day; we don't know if time gives us more than twenty four hours to fix everything."
Rory gets up, influencing the rest of us to the same. She says, "Well then, that's great. I don't think it would be too hard to figure things out tomorrow. As long as we can all meet somewhere. Let's say we meet at my house." We all nod, though Grace wears a look of worry on her face.
Grace says, "Guys, I want to make sure that I have a way to communicate with you, even if I can't time-travel with you. So here, Amanda." She hands me a notebook, then tells me to open it. I do, and we all see that it's blank. I look up questioningly at Grace. And she answers, "I have another book just like it. It's an enchanted book--both of them. We can send messages to each other by writing them in the book. The message I would send would appear in your book and vice versa. You should all stick together so that this book works." We nod once she finishes, seeing that we understand how the books work now. My friends are all prepared to leave when Grace turns to tell us, "One more thing. You have to make sure that you aren't seen by yourselves in that time when you time-travel. Meddling with time can be a dangerous game. Just be careful."
That's the one thing that really makes me nervous.
A/N: omg guys it's been forever since I posted something. And I am so sorry! I hope that you all enjoyed this chapter, and I promise that I'll be posting the next one within the next couple of weeks.
NaNoWriMo went excellently this year for me. I wrote and finished my first book, and I cannot be prouder of the outcome. Now all I have to do is edit it!
Thanks everyone for reading! Until next time, remember to vote, comment and keep on writing!