Chapter Fourteen: A Day of Truths

I wake up the next morning to find that I'm sleeping on my already made bed sheets. It left me freezing, and I realized that the fact that my bed was made meant that the time travel had worked, that my real self in this time has already woken up, made the bed and left. I look at my bedside table and see with relief that the enchanted notebook that I left the night before was still there.
I pick it up, along with a pen, and start to write to Grace, who is hopefully already up to respond to me. Grace, hey it's Amanda. It worked, right?
I watch as the words on the page fade away, leaving me in awe. And I see new words appear underneath where I'd written before—Grace's message to me. Yeah, it worked all right. I don't see you guys anywhere. But it's 9:45 am so I told all of your parents that we're having an emergency break dancing competition somewhere secret, just so that they don't get suspicious. Oh and I think you are in the past, because your message says it comes from the day that I conjured the spell. I have a feeling that your mission then is to make sure that the past me either doesn't conjure the spell or at least casts the spell properly, so that it doesn't have a weird effect on the PSs. I look at the time to see that it's 9:45 here too. It's no wonder that past me is already awake. I look down at my leg to see that it is still tied into a cast, and I let out a sad sigh. I wish that going into the past would mean that my leg is fine.
I pick up my crutches from where I've hidden them from past me last night, and I try to make the least amount of noise as possible as I get dressed and go downstairs to leave for Rory's house.
I know that past me would be at Leo's house right now and—omigosh. I suddenly remember that Leo would be still here in willow Falls. I have to go to his house and save present Leo before past Leo sees him.
I manage to walk out of the house without being seen by my mother and father, grabbing the notebook on the way out. I decide that maybe it's not a good idea to text Rory that I'm making a detour to Leo's house to get him, because I have no idea of how the mechanics of time travelling texting works, if past Rory would also get the text.
I walk to Leo's house, and see that past me is in the middle of kissing past Leo, and so I duck behind one of the Fitzpatrick's bushes before they have a chance at a glimpse of me.
I watch from behind the bush, suddenly remembering how everything from this day worked out. Mrs. Fitzpatrick walks out the front door, and I see past Leo and Amanda breaking apart from their moment that exact instant. Leo and his mother enter the car and then they speed off. Past me opens her phone and texts Rory and Tara for a sleepover party, and then she leaves. Once I know that the coast is clear, I get up from my crouch and go inside the house with the key that the Fitzpatricks have given to me a few years ago. I search for Leo, noticing at the same time that the house is completely empty of furniture. I remember that Leo never told me in person that he was moving to Chicago, but I brush the feeling of unease off. If he was smart enough to know that he was in the past, he would go immediately into hiding from his past self. I need to think; where would he hide? He's in this house, I know it. It dawns on me to go check the basement, where I find Leo, sitting in the corner of the empty room, with his knees tucked into his chest. His eyes are swimming with a mixture of worry and relief when he sees me.
A/N: hey guys! I keep having to apologize for not updating for the longest time ever. So sorry.
I hope you liked this chapter. Leave a like and make sure to comment if you want more. It'll be nice to get some motivation to write more for this story.
What do you think Leo will say to Amanda as his first words since they'd last spoke to each other? Leave your guess in the comments! Maybe if you guess correctly, I'll dedicate the next chapter to you. ;)
Until next time, remember to vote, comment and keep on writing and reading! <3 love you all