Chapter Eight: Manageable Consequences

I ask her, "Isn't it good that Angelina knows about this whole thing? You know, so that she can help us?"
"That's the problem." Grace begins sheepishly. "It's that she knew that this was happening, so when I found out I sorta got mad at her for not telling me sooner and so for punishment she's not going to help me at all."
I blink, trying to digest all of this new information. Then I throw my arms up in frustration. "Great. She probably knows how to help us, but now she's not going to even bother."
"Sorry..." Grace looks down at the floor in shame.
I put my hands on her shoulders, immediately seeing that I'd made her unsettled. "Hey, look at me. It's fine. We all make mistakes, and sometimes nerves can get the better of us. We'll just have to try to find our own way of getting everything a little more stable again in concern of the Portable Souls." By saying this, it actually makes me feel a little less stressed about the situation. I'd learned to stay calm under the pressure of the whole thing; I've done this for a few times already, though most of those times I'd have Leo next to me guiding me through all of it. I try not to make this thought get to me.

My words of advice seem to work on Grace, because I notice some color flooding back to her cheeks, and she nods with at least some mere understanding. I'm glad that I've been able to help somebody today, especially if a person is one like Grace, who is now holding the responsibilities of an adult, what with the future of Willow Falls in her hands.

She invites me inside the house, but I kindly say no, mostly because I'd told my mother that I won't be taking too long at the Kelly's house.

Grace looks at me with a hopeful smile. "You know," she starts. "If we can't figure out how to fix the curse to the way it was before, then we should at least figure out what is going to happen once the curse has taken its effect after the two weeks. There should be some sort of chart in the back of the Collectibles Shop stating something about the effects of each of Angelina's spells and enchantments."

I say, "Hopefully. And that's good that we're now thinking on the brighter side of things. It keeps us on our feet, with hope." And by saying this out loud, I again feel that same feeling of hope that things will align with itself at the end like it always did when we were placed in this sort of dilemma.

"I'll text the rest of the group to meet tomorrow at the store right after school. And hopefully everyone will be able to come, seeing that we are getting more homework as the school year drones on. The more people we have back at the shop, the higher the chances are at finding something that will help us with this curse issue."

I nod. I try to steer the subject elsewhere. "So what's Angelina been up to lately? I haven't seen her at the store and I was wondering if you two were still doing that private lesson thing."

She shrugs as she says, "Angelina told me a few days ago that she wanted me to focus on school for a while, and she left the shop to me. She's been staying at her house for the past couple of days. I haven't seen her for a bit."

Knowing Angelina, this is the normal life for her--taking her time with everything, being flexible in regards to her schedule, and just having a great time with her enchanting powers. But there might be a reason to why she hasn't been training Grace for a while. Is it because she doesn't want her to succeed? Or maybe Angelina wants to abandon magical things altogether?

A/N: hey guys! I'm dedicating this chapter to fantasticlycoolcat.

I wanted to thank them for motivating me to post this chapter. I think I'm speaking for a lot of us Wattpad writers when I admit that we procrastinate A LOT. And so seriously, it's really nice to have someone be there to remind you that you have some writing to catch up on. So thank you!

And for those of you newer readers, if you are enjoying this fanfiction so far and have not clicked that follow button yet so that you keep up with all of my updates and all that fun stuff, don't be shy to do so!

And if any of you wants some advice about any of your writing pieces here on Wattpad, I happen to love reading and reviewing on writers' pieces--as shown on my GoodReads page (https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/32216566-megan)--so private message me if you need some reviewing done! ;)

Until next time, remember to vote, comment and keep on writing! :)