Chapter Two: Party 'Til The World Crumbles!

"I think an gradient of different blues with look awesome on your nails, Amanda." Tara tells me. "I'll go get the sponge, you pick out which blue nail polish you want."
Tara runs out of my bedroom, the pitterpatter of her flip-flops prancing on our floors.
"You know, Amanda, I get the feeling that you're not totally in the zone today." Rory tells me as she swipes her glasses with a handkerchief.
I shrug. "I may have some things on my mind."
She rolls her eyes, slipping her glasses back on. She laughs. "Oh, please. Both Tara and I know that Leo is travelling; we're his friends too." She puts a hand on my shoulder. "But don't you worry, we are going to have an awesome time!"
I smile at this, remembering how brilliant Rory is at understanding how others are feeling, also how awesome she is at making someone feel better.
Tara comes back with a white sponge I bought from the craft store the other day. She looks disappointed when she sees that I haven't touched the nail polish bin, but seems more than happy to pick which blue will suit me best.
Rory starts applying the blue nail polish marked "Light Deep Blue" onto my nails.
Wanting to spark some sort of conversation, Tara asks Rory. "How are you and Jake going?"
Rory lights up. "Ooh, speaking of Jake, he and I agreed that since this year we are officially allowed to date--according to my parents--he would shooting a movie in Willow Falls again!"
I smile, because I'm genuinely happy for Rory, though it doesn't make me feel better about missing Leo. And it still makes me shocked whenever Rory reminds me that a teen movie star likes her. Happy shocked for her.
Jake is going to be filming here for a while, probably a year or two. I ask just to make sure. "He's staying in Willow Falls for how long?"
She beams. "Two and a half years!! I am so excited, can you tell?"
The three of us giggle with the excitement.
Then, on my bed, my opened laptop, which we were using before to stream music on before our nail polish fest, started flashing a photo of Grace, signifying her sending an IM to me. Seeing that my nails are still drying, Tara checks to see what's up. Her face turns dark and silent as she reads through the message. I encourage. "What's going on?" Worry spreads over me about the things that could possibly be going wrong with Grace? Then it hits me; it must be something happening with Angelina. I bury my face in my hands as Rory squeals, "Your nails! They're going to get disturbed!" Too late, I thought, inspecting them. I'm sure that I have blue specks in my hair now...
Tara is trying to get our attention. We quiet down as she tells us in a panicked voice. "We gotta go to the shop, NOW." And when she means the shop, she means Angelina's Sweet Repeats and Collectibles, also known to us as the place where Angelina trains Grace her magical stuff. So when Tara says something's wrong at the shop, I spring up to my feet with anxiety. Then I remember that my leg's broken and fall right back down.
Rory looks worried as Tara is helping me out the bedroom door. "Shouldn't we get into normal clothes first?"
Tara and I look down and see our pyjamas and laugh. Tara replies, "Too late, we're out of here! Besides, when would anyone ever describe us as normal?" That gets a good laugh. She continues, "I'll explain everything Grace said on the way. Amanda, you think your sister will be willing to drive us?"
I nod.
We drag Kylie out of her room and into the car before she could even have the chance to protest.
A/N: mwahahaha! A cliffhanger! Do you want to guess what Grace instant messaged them? Put your guess in the comments! Hint: It has something to do with Grace's training at the beginning of the original To Be Graceful.
Until next time, remember to vote, comment and keep on writing!
Thx