Chapter Six: Only The Best Laughs

Grace had told me to stop moping around being sad and to just live happily during the time that she tries to research what to do about this situation in regards to the curse.
So Grace leaves my house to go back to the store, and David, Tara and Rory stay behind to hang out.
Tara sits down. "I feel a little bad that we can't help Grace in any way."
David tells her, "I'm sure she knows what she's doing."
Rory asks me, "Are you feeling a little better?"
I shrug. Having them over makes it feel a little better, and to be honest it sort of distracted my mind from the worst of the situation. But it still hurts now.
Tara exclaims suddenly. "I know! Let's have a little competition to see which one of us can cheer up Amanda the best."
And before I can protest, the three of them are already starting to chat nonstop about what they plan to do.
I hear Tara tell everyone, "Okay. I'm going to tell you a knock knock joke. Feel free to laugh. Okay, knock knock."
"Who's there?" I ask dubiously, thinking of back then when we were still little children telling each other simple knock knock jokes.
"Boo."
"Boo who?"
"Amanda, I really thought that this would make you laugh not cry!"
I laugh a little once I get what she's saying. David and Rory laugh as well, but not too much for they don't want to encourage her in this miniature competition of cheering me up.
Tara continues, "Oh, I'm not done yet. Your turn to tell me a knock knock joke. I'll go first. Knock knock."
"Who's there?"
"--"
"You tricked me!" I accuse her, laughing. She told me that it was my turn to tell the joke and she tricked me into saying who's there when I was supposed to be answering.
Rory doesn't understand the joke sadly, and she steps forward and pushes Tara to the side as she states, "Let me show all of you what fun really looks like." She pulls out her phone and scrolls through her pictures until she comes across the screenshot she was looking for. "Ahem." She clears her throat dramatically before starting to tell us these hilarious elephant jokes (A/N: this little section about the elephant jokes is dedicated to a friend of mine who showed me what elephant jokes are. Go search 'elephant jokes' online for some great laughs if you don't know what this is already. You won't be disappointed, trust me) and I can't stop laughing after. Even Tara and David are practically rolling on the floor with laughter. After we all have regained our composure, David steps forward, pushing both Tara and Rory aside. He points to his chest as he declares, "Seriously, those made you laugh, but what I'm about to do will make you cry with delight."
He takes a deep breath, and I brace myself for what he might do. It's a good thing I do, because he then starts to do a dance, and when he does it, it makes him look hilarious. Tara grabs Rory's arm as she cripples down in laughter, and I am, somehow as he predicted, in tears with pure laughter. It's amazing what these people can do for you to show you they really care. They're not Leo, but they are some of my best friends, and I'm glad they're here for me.
A/N: sorry for that small chapter. I was struggling to figure out how to end it. But I hope you enjoyed it! Let me know in the comments if you checked out those elephant jokes, because I found those absolutely hilarious.
And remember, until next time, to vote, comment and keep on writing!
Thanks.