Chapter Ten: A Piece of the Puzzle

Grace peers down at the piece of paper I found. It isn't a chart, and I'm not even sure it's supposed to be there in the binder in the first place. It's a note, abut the size of my hand. And it reads, "Dear Mr. and Mrs. D'Angelo, it has come to our concerns that my wife and I had had Angelina visiting us almost everyday since our little one went off to the daycare for the first time. We noticed that the two of them never went two weeks without being together. However adorable that can be, we wanted to inform you of the reasons you haven't been seeing your daughter around lately. Sincerely, Mr. Whitehead."

Rory exclaims once she reads through the note. "Omigoodness. This was written by Bucky's father! And Angelina must have done something during that time, because they weren't able to go without seeing each other for more than two weeks."

"That's the same rule as you and Leo." Tara says, tapping me knowingly on the shoulder. I nod, still glad that I was able to find this note in the first place. It had been deeply tucked into the binder; I almost surpassed it after riffling through the papers quickly.

Grace takes a deep breath and then explains to us, "Okay, we found a piece of the puzzle that we may need in order to find out the consequences of Amanda and Leo not talking to each other for a week. We just have to go and find Bucky and ask him if they ever went without seeing each other for more than two weeks, and if so, what happened."

David nods. "That's pretty straight forward. Bucky is probably at the community center, like he always is. We just have to go there."

I look at the clock on the wall. It's already 7:00. I have to be home in about forty-five minutes for supper. Sadly, this isn't going to allow me to go to the community center to find Bucky. I tell my friends that I have to leave soon. Grace nods, "That's fine. The rest of us can go, I guess. And we'll just tell you later what he said."

Tara and Rory both shake their heads too. Rory replies, "I technically was supposed to go straight home after school. I'd told my parents through text that I would be out for a while, but I don't want to stress them out too much by staying out for too long."

Grace sighs, and she finally says, "Fine, we'll go on Saturday. Hopefully Bucky will be there then."

~~~

I am walking home, taking my time because of my broken knee. I've gotten a little more used to the fact that I have to drag my crutches along everywhere I go, though it can still get kind of annoying when you want to carry more than one thing at once. It's a good thing that I don't need to bring home a lot of books because of the little homework we get at school, or else my bag would've weighed me down by now.

I'm contemplating everything that has been happening to me over the past week. Leo left me for good here in Willow Falls, without telling me he's moving to Chicago. Then he sends me a letter telling me the truth, and by then it's already too late to contact him. Grace messed up her enchantments, leading to the transformation of our curse from a year of not talking to only two weeks. And since Leo is gone and doesn't know about this, and since we have absolutely no way of contacting either him or his parents, the curse will probably end up taking effect by the end of the two weeks. We still have a few days left to prepare ourselves with information we need in order to get everything back to normal while the curse has taken effect, but at the moment I just feel stumped.

My best friend isn't here with me to comfort me through all of this. I can't concentrate on this anymore. My parents don't even know that Leo's family has moved. They only think that they've gone on vacation to Chicago and that there are going to be people temporarily renting their house while they're gone. I should probably tell them the truth. But how awkward that might be.. I can just imagine myself trying to explain to them that Leo, my best friend, hadn't told me that he was moving to Chicago and had only sent me a letter explaining everything once they had packed up and left already.

Suddenly, as I'm walking, I feel nauseated and somehow the ground seems to be shaking under my legs. I collapse to the concrete sidewalk as I lose consciousness.

A/N: hey guys! Hope you enjoyed this chapter; I seriously needed a time to write something awesome after that horrible math test that I wrote today. The stupid test was so hard; I don't know what to even do about it anymore. Sorry for reminiscing on stuff that isn't important to you guys. I just wanted to talk a little about my horrible school day for some reason. ;P

I recently posted the newest chapter in a while of MDBC fanfiction, so go check that out if you're a fan of the series. I actually have another chapter of MDBC written already; I'm just waiting a little bit before I go ahead and post it.

Remember to go check out Etienne and the Power of Love, a hilarious story that I'm writing with a friend who's also on Wattpad. It's about a guy's journey of finding and living love. It's an awesome story, and I promise to you, if you go check that out, you will not be disappointed. :)

Until next time, remember to vote, comment and keep on writing!