Edward X Reader~ Short Life

Narrator POV

"Sometimes I wonder why I even try..." Winry sweat drops at the sight of Ed's automail. Plating is missing, wires stick out everywhere, even some form of fluid trickles out of some sort of tube. It really was quite the disaster.

"Uh... Yeah so it got kind of..." Edward thinks for a moment, carefully choosing his next words. "Well... disorganized?"

Winry grabs her wrench and smacks him upside the head. "YOU ALWAYS DO THIS YOU JERK!! YOU GO AND GET INTO FIGHTS AND BREAK MY BEAUTIFUL AUTOMAIL!!! DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW LONG IT TOOK ME TO MAKE THAT?!?!?"

"Brother!"

"Guhhh...." Blood spurts from the small boys head.

-=(Time Skip Brought To You By; Edward's Height. (So obviously it's a short time skip))=-

Your POV

"I heard about what Winry did." I say as I sit on the stairs to the Rockbells house. Edward turns slightly, barely looking at me.

"You here to hit me to? I told her I was sorry!" He says crossing his left arm over his chest. I laugh and pat his back.

"She would hit you anyways. Ed you really should be more careful, one of these days you could get seriously hurt." I sigh and curl up with my knees to my chest. "Life is short as it is Ed, you don't need to go and make it shorter."

For a few moments, silence falls between us. Ed looks down at his left hand, stretching it then curling it back into a fist. "[Y/N], Why do you care so much?" Edward looks at me with genuine curiosity. "W-Well, I mean, you guys are my best friends! O-Of course I would c-care!" I say burying my face deeper into my knees.

An arm pulls me closer to a body. "E-Ed?" I look up to see golden eyes half closed as he smiles at me. Unable to help myself, I stare at him.

He has really pretty eyes...

And his hair looks so soft...

 "[Y/N]?" His voice brings me back to reality. my face burns as I slide away from him. "Y-Yes? I'm sorry, I was daydreaming."

I notice a bright shade of pink gently dusting his features. "W-Well uh never mind then..." He says looking away, slightly disappointed. I frown at him and poke his cheek.

Maybe I should lighten the mood.

"What was t-that for?!" He rubs his cheek and looks at me, one eye closed. A devious smile plays across my lips. "Sorry I was aiming for your shoulder, but you were so short I missed." His head snaps back to face me. For a second, I think he might actually let that one slide.

I guess he's gotten ov-

"WHO ARE YOU CALLING A MIDGET SO SHORT HE COULD RIDE A FLEA?!? A DWARF THE SIZE OF A THIMBLE?!?! A LITTLE PERSON?!?!?!?"

Never mind.

"I never even said th-!" Before I can finish my sentence Ed lifts me over his shoulder. I gasp and try to squirm away. "OH NO YOU DON'T!!" Ed tightens his grip as he starts to walk away from the house. "Ed?! Where are we going?!"

"You deserve to be thrown into a lake." He grumbles.

"Well gee, Love you too Ed." I say grouchily as I try to struggle away again.

So much for lightening the mood.