Kirito X Reader~ Promise Me

Kirito POV

"Kirito! Hurry up!! WE ARE MISSING IT!!!!!" [Y/N] calls. I sigh and shake my head. "You have the mind set of a 5 year old..." I mutter, scratching the back of my neck.

She stops and in an instant is an inch from my face. Her cheeks are puffed out and she looks annoyed. "Kirito that's just meaaaan!" I chuckle and ruffle her hair, side-stepping and going around her. "What ever, come on you don't want to miss it do you?" Turning back I see her cross her arms and hold her head high, passing me.

"No, no I do not!" She pouts. It's only a matter of seconds and she's already hopping around and flailing her arms excitedly. I stay a little ways behind her, watching her run and jump and hum to herself like a little kid. Her eyes sparkle with enthusiasm, making me wonder what it is we are going to see.

"Say, [Y/N], Where are we going?" I say frowning at her. She turns her head and giggles as she bounces over and throws her arms around me from behind. Startled, I jump a little, making her giggle even more. "We are going to defeat a boss today!" She squeals.

My frown just deepens. "Why are you so excited? We beat bosses all the time. You've never been this... eager." I say looking back at her over my shoulder. A wide smile is still spread on her face, her eyes are closed and she's leaning against the back of my shoulder. I show a small smile as my face turns a soft shade of pink. When she opens her eyes to answer me, the pink that dusts her cheeks is barely visible. "W-Well..." She gave a closed-eye smile as she backed away a step or two, scratching the back of her head nervously. "It's just... they have... (Utter nonsense he can't understand) " She mumbles and looks at her feet as we walk.

I smile at her obvious embarrassment. "They have what?"

"PANDAS" She yells. She looks away, her face red. "Th-They're just... s-so... c-c-cute!" She continues. Her face turns a deeper and deeper shade with every second. I smirk and cross my arms behind my head. "Pandas huh?" I say. She just nods, still unable to look at me.

When we reach a small hill outside the town she stops me. "Ok! Now we can stop." She smiles at me before plopping down on the grass. Looking around I frown and scratch my head, a hand on my hip. "I don't see any pandas..." I say looking back to her. I see her look to the side nervously. "W-Well... Maybe I lied a little." She turned back to me with a wide smile.

"I just reaaaaaaally wanted you to come with me..." She states, her voice shaking slightly. Laughing I sit down next to her, fluffing her hair as I do. "You could have just said so. I would go anywhere with you!" I said. Hearing this she looks at me with a deep blush. "U-Uh... Th-thanks..." She stutters before curling up and looking at the dimming sky.

"So..." I break the silence after a few minutes. "What am I here for?" [Y/N] doesn't look at me as she answers. "I just thought you'd like to see the stars. They're not as beautiful as they are back home, but they are still quite lovely."

Chuckling softly I flop back, laying with my hands behind my head. "I remember when you fell asleep outside on that sunny day..." [Y/N] says softly. Her eyes sparkle with the reflection of the stars. Shiny, [H/L], [H/C] blows gently in the wind, brushing her features slightly. "I assumed you would want to enjoy the beauty of this world a little more." Her eyes half close when she smiles up at the sky.

I look at her sideways, a soft smile creeping up my face. "Nothing could be more beautiful." I mutter. She smiles as she looks down at me. "I thought you would enjoy it!" Obviously satisfied, she sighs and pulls her knees up to her chest and rests her chin on them. Scooting closer to her I sit up. "You know, I think maybe we could be partners for a while longer." I give her a closed-eye smile. She looks at me, pink blush barely dusting her smooth cheeks.

"A-Are you messing with me?" She said frowning and furrowing her eyebrows. Laughing I pull her closer to me, letting my arm stay resting around her shoulder. "You've grown on me. I don't want to leave you by yourself. I want to make sure I can keep you safe." Her face is a deep red as she looks back out to the stars. "Ok." She says yawning. "But promise me something..." Her voice gets quieter with each word. After she says this she rests her head on my shoulder and sleepily leans into me. "You can't die. You can't leave me hear. I'll protect you too." When she finishes, her eyes close and her soft breaths become slower and more shallow.

Smiling, I kiss the top of her head. "I won't leave you, [Y/N]. Even in the real world, I'll find you. I promise."