Levi Ackerman X Reader~ Brother

Narrator POV

"Don't you fucking touch her."

His knife glints in the street lights, a threatening glare stretching across his features. Behind him, a small girl clutches his shirt, her head barely reaching past his waist. Unlike his usually emotionless face, this girl is an open book. Fear is evident in her eyes, her shaking form adding to her vulnerable appearance.

The man before them laughs. He takes out a knife of his own, ready for a fight. "What are you gonna do, shorty?" His eyes move to the girl. A lust Levi finds quite disgusting fills them. "She would sell good. She's still a virgin ain't she?"

Anger flashes in Levis eyes. A low growl escapes his throat as he feels the girl tighten her grip. The man smirks. "Virgins aren't cheap down here."

"You keep your filthy hands away from her, asshole!" Levi yells. His profanity doesn't seem to scare the girl, instead she presses closer. Levi places a protective hand on her shoulder. He quickly launches his knife, sending it hurtling into the chest of the man. With wide eyes, the man stumbles back. The pain ellicits a small groan.

Levi slowly walks toward him, roughly grabbing the knifes handle. He moves close, talking dangerously low. "If I ever see you or one of your cronies again, I will kill you."

He pulls the small, petrified form closer as the man runs away. Shaking, she looks up to him, worry in her wide eyes. Levi simply bends down, giving her a kiss on the top of her head. It doesn't take long before she calms in his arms.

-=(Time Skip)=-

Small hands make their way across the cloth. She remains completely silent, holding her breath and keeping still. Her face screws up in consentration. She is on a mission. If she fails, she will surely have hell to pay.

Her hands touch his face. When he doesn't stir, she let's out a small squeal of victory. Unfortunately, this proves to be her downfall.

"Shut the fuck up and go to sleep, brat."

The girl freezes, hands still on his face. Her eyes are wide as she holds her breath again. But the young man simply smirks, his eyes still closed. He brings her closer to his chest. The girl relaxes and smiles into his shirt.

"Nii-san," The girl says. Levi cracks one eye open, glancing down at the mess of hair. He grunts for her to continue. She curls up closer, closing her eyes in bliss.

"I love you."

"Tch, I love you too, brat." Levi let's his words drift into silence as he watches her steal away into her dreams. Sighing, he places a kiss on the top of her head before letting his own heavy lids close.

-=(Time Skip)=-

Soft giggles fill the small room. Her high voice and wild eyes hold excitement. Levi allows a small smile to grace his features, eyes closed in a small sense of bliss and security as he listens to the girl in front of him.

"Can I really?" Her voice is full of her bubbly nature. She kneels down on the floor in front of the newest addition to their tiny family- Isabel Magnolia. [H/L], [H/C] hair swishes as she sways, hands folded in front of her pale dress. Isabel nods, her grin as wide as her face.

"But you have to do me a favor first, ok?"

Levi opens one eye, a frown taking its rightful place on his lips. Isabel gets a mischievous glint in her eyes as she leans into the child's ear. [Y/N]s face lights up, her giggles echoing within the hide out once again. She nods excitedly and shoots away, running to the room she shares with Levi.

Levi's frown deepens as he looks to Isabel, eyes slanted suspiciously. Isabel simply laughs and looks to the door the girl disappeared behind.

A shrill noise leaves the girl as she bounds back into the room. A baggy white shirt hangs on her small frame loosely. When she stops in front of Levi, her face becomes gravely serious. For a moment, Levi furrows his brows in concern.

"[Y-" He's cut off by the girl placing her arms on her hips, an irritated expression making her eyes close as a 'tch' escapes her small lips. Levi doesn't move, surprise taking over. Behind them, Isabel tries desperately not to laugh while Farlan watches in amusement. The girl opens her eyes, squinting them as much as possible without closing them. "Shut up, brat!" She yells.

Isabel breaks down, unable to contain her bubbly giggles anymore. Even Farlan is laughing by now. Levi doesn't move, not until the child smiles and jumps onto him. Rolling his eyes, Levi ruffles her hair, pulling her closer. He places a soft kiss on the top of her head as tears of joy form in her eyes.

-=(Time Skip)=-

Silence fills the space around them, thick and uninviting. A tense atmosphere grows each second. The glint of the blade at her neck is unbearably real, but theres nothing he can do. Levi cringes with anger when she lets out a small grunt, the blade being pushed into her.

Looking to his side, he can see Isabel and Farlan are in no better shape. Both have undeniable silver blades held against their throats. Levi glares harshly at the man in front of him. The man doesn't even flinch under his gaze. "I will ask you again," The man says. Another person, the one holding Levi at his knees, shoves his face down into the mud below. "Nii-san!" [Y/N]s voice comes out louder than she expected, but she doesn't seem to care. Anger and worry fill her innocent eyes. Levi sends her a harsh glare, a warning that she should not draw any more attention to herself, but he's too late for that.

The man glances at [Y/N] before nodding at the boy holding her down. Slight alarm creeps onto her face when he presses the blade harder, thin beads of blood rushing down her pale skin. Levi growls, a wild expression in his eyes. This only makes the man raise a bushy brow, nodding again.

"Fine!" Levi shouts. "We'll join the Scouts." His voice is full of venom, he practically spits the words. The man smiles, raising his hand at he people holding them down. Once they are released, [Y/N] rushes to her brother. Levi stops her. He gently presses his hand to her warm neck, wiping the blood from her delicate skin.

She only smiles, reaching out to hug him. "I'm ok, Nii-san. Really!" She says. The short man only growls teasingly as he embraces her. He nestles his face in her hair, taking in the scent of his family. His home.

"Don't you fucking scare me like that again you fucking brat." He says quietly. The girl laughs, pulling away as she looks at him. "Wow Nii-san. So vulgar. Two swear words in one sentence." She giggles.

Levi only rolls his eyes, kissing her head before the other two come up to them.

-=(Time Skip)=-

No.

Her hands shake violently, hovering over the once spotless cloth. Shallow, ragged breaths leave her in agonizing intervals. "N-Nii-san..." Her own voice seems foreign.

No!

Tears blur her vision, making it impossible to distinguish his features correctly. A choked sob pushes itself from her throat. Her hands come down, cupping the stoic mans face as she tries desperately to wipe away the blood.

God please, no!

They were supposed to protect each other. They were supposed to keep each other alive. [Y/N] pulls the young mans head into her lap, the effort of such a small task making her arms feel like lead. "Levi, please!" Her words would be incoherent to anyone listening, but she is alone now. The battered body of her brother lay in a pool of red as the earth begins to soak it up. As salty tears begin to drown his lifeless face, [Y/N] leans down. Ever so gently, she places a light kiss in between Levi's eyes, lips quivering at the thought that he would never kiss her head again.

I don't want to be alone!