Broken Bones

♡New-New -

(Erin)

I was wrong. I was so, so wrong. He was not taking me to the hospital.

"Rashad why are we at your house?" This was about the second or third time I had asked him that, but he just stayed quiet while he walked up and down the steps like he was searching for something.

"Mm..?" Listening to him grunt right by the steps, I sighed softly clenching my hands around his bed sheets as the pain grew in my knee.

"Ohh we're not going to the hospital it's too much going on right now." Growing confused, I watched him open a large clear box as he pulled out various different things. Hearing my phone buzz, I glanced down at it seeing my "Pop's" pop up on my screen.

"Who that?" He questioned, his curious eyes buzzing to my vibrating phone.

"Huh?" Looking up to find him undressing, I smiled softly and shook my head clicking my phone off after telling my Aunt I was safe and sound.

"I said who was that." He frowned looking at me like I was crazy for not hearing him the first time.

"I'm sorry my knee is really hurting, but it was my Aunt. Why are you undressing to your night pants? I need to go to the hospital." I protested watching the swell of my knee twitch under the fabric of my tight leggings. He didn't answer me, but instead dropped the large case next to us on the bed.

"Take off your leggings." My mind raced with excuses, I even considered telling him to just cut them at the knee.

"If you haven't noticed my knee is swollen, I can't just move around freely without causing myself pa- RASHAD." He reached over with a pocket knife and cut my leggings off my body in one swift motion. Frowning I laid back so he could pull the clothing from under my body. I guess he's a mind reader to.

"I'm not taking you to the hospital, I told you it's too hot out there right now. We just ran from a gang affiliated gun shooting, do you really think they won't hold us for questioning?" Looking away from him, I played with the edge of my panties until he moved his hands to my knee.

"What are you doing?" I jumped, pushing his hands away from my knee. I was thankful he had the lights dimmed in his room, making it harder for him to see certain areas on my upper thigh.

"I'm going to set your knee du-"

"RASHAD! COME OUTSIDE NOW IT'S ESQUIRE HE GOT SHOT!" Yanking away from me he bolted upstairs and from there shouting and thumping came from upstairs for about an hour. Feeling my phone vibrate loudly again, I checked to make sure Rashad was still occupied upstairs before I answered.

"What do you want?"

____________________

-John Garnett-

-Her Father-

"What do you want?" Pulling the phone away from my ear too make sure this was Erin I was speaking too, I breathed in and out slowly while my wife Priscilla rubbed my shoulder.

"Erin it is your Father and I-"

"I have caller ID, I know who it is."

"Girl you better had watch your tone with me!" Before the situation could escalate, my wife snatched my phone from me, yelling into the receiver.

"Baby! Baby it's Mamma, I need you to come home. Just to have dinner with us.. ...Why?" Looking at me for support, I motioned for the phone with the shake of my head.

"We would like for you too come home for your brothers birthday. We're having a family dinner in honor of him. We never speak about Jarrod if it could be helped, but at times like this it cannot be helped, so what do you say Erin?" My mouth went dry with words as I said his birthday was near. I was so caught up in Erin , my work and my issues with dealing with them both that I forgot about his birthday. I never called him King, so even hearing that name again made everything that much more real and painful. But Erin insisted on calling him by it, because she hated calling him Jarrod for some odd reason.