Deciet

-Eight Days later.-

-Rashad.-

In the back of my mind I always said there was something different about "New-New" as a whole, but I never thought that would mean she was a different person completely. A few days had passed and I noticed her reluctance to admit who she was conversing with, where she was going or even where she lived. I think if we were dating as closely as we were, that's something I should know by now. True to her word she was taking her time telling me her secrets. I hadn't fully heard the entire conversation, between her and Esquire, but I heard more than enough to know she wasn't who she said she really was. Although not in my character, I stayed quiet and waited the situation out trying to figure her out. I continued to take Esquire to this "John Garnett's" home and still hadn't noticed much change in his odd behavior when arriving there either.

I knew it wasn't because of the neighborhood, Esquire enjoyed shit like that. It was me who didn't.

After that I decided to go looking around for Ant, but when I couldn't find him I found New-New walking from a liquor store on my old side of town. Yeah, I knew this neighborhood well thanks to my Daddy, I doubt she realized that though. Like I said she avoided much conversation about backgrounds, knowing I'd turn the conversation on her. I had questions to and after eight days of waiting I had some of my own to.

"He's sending his ashes to us? But I thought Daddy had them buried?" Hearing her low voice, I trailed three cars behind her slowly as she walked down the street constantly looking around as she held the white corner store plastic bag closer to her hip. Running my eyes along her body, I noticed the ugg boots, washed out jeans and beat up t-shirt along with the bun. Doing a double take on her hair, I noted the considerable color change as she looked both ways and raced across the street. A few more blocks down and she was climbing over fences, until finding her way into the backyard full of pit-bulls. Greeting them happily as she continued to speak on the phone, I pulled over and made my way out.

"Mom it was nothing, I was passing by some dogs is that a crime?"

"No Aunt Eve got rid of those dogs after King died, Mom...Mom okay I'll see you tonight." Rolling her eyes, I watched her lean against the side of the small house, before making her way around the front and in the side door. I debated it for a minute, especially after seeing her Aunt pull up in a 2003 Taurus, behind a 2000 silver cavalier. That's when I noticed she never carried identification with her, beyond a unmarked bus card and some money. After watching her Aunt I supposed, fight with her keys and the groceries in her hand I decided to walk up to her. I'd make New-New uncomfortable if I had to.

"Excuse me do you need some help?" I asked leveled, so as not to startle her. Her head popped up anyway and she jumped, looking like she had seen a ghost.

"Oh! No, no it's okay! My niece can help me, she probably just can't hear me over her loud ass music. ERIN GARNETT IF YOU DON'T ANSWER THIS DAMN DOOR GIRL!" My face scrunched up at that.

"Did you say Erin Garnett? As in....John Garnett's child?" Her face seemed to drop as she realized her obvious mistake. Before I could flinch she was dropping her groceries without a second thought and revealing a gun from under her shirt. Watching her pull back the safety on the gun, I held up my hands my face stoic.

"Now boy I'm only going to ask you once, and one time only! You hear!? Who the hell are you and just why are you so concerned about my niece?" She breathed her hands shaking as she glared me down.

"I was with your niece, but I don't associate with liars. Tell Erin, Rashad said Hi. She'll know what's up." And with that, I walked off her walk away and back to my car. I wanted to know more about her but if I had to deal with this, I guess I'd just have to wait for her to tell me. Although it's pretty clear she's a rich girl, playing around in the hood. But if she's living with her Aunt right now, or here in the least there must be another story, because I doubt a man with his money and status would even blink an eye to not coming to retrieve his daughter from a place like that.

"RASHAD!" Watching her run out to my car, I shook my head and pulled my gearshift into reverse.

"Rashad listen to me!" Bending the corner, I shook my head to myself contining to look for Ant who hadn't came home in three days. I didn't have time to worry about her, I still had a life outside of her and he was apart of it.
••
Like
Comment
Share
••
Shariah •