Surprises??

Realize that everything connects,
to everything else.

-Leonardo DA VINCI.
••

🔪TJ

I had been hearing a lot of rumors lately about Erin, and honestly the shit was getting old. I didn't care who she dated, she was mine period. I took her shit so she would forever belong to me, no body could say different.

"Aye TJ you know that girl?" Lifting my head up from my phone , I glanced at the female that was speaking to me and noticed a light skin that favoured her. I had plently of my niggas coming to me telling me Erin was around, but they could never show me the proof. So as usual I figured she was under her Daddies hold somewhere out the Tre. In white people wonderland, that's what we called it out here anyway.

"Nahh that ain't her she ain..." My words stopped when I noticed the rose tattoo on her hip, inching towards her back dimples. I would remeber that tattoo from anywhere no matter what was going on.

And of course...those scars she tried so hard to conceal.

"Erin!" Standing up to approach her, I squinted watching her topple over in the pool. Everything stopped, even the music as her friends caused a commotion trying to get the attention of some nigga.

"Ain't that your brother Ant?" Looking down at the lil nigga besides me, I himmed him up by his shirt before he could get away.

"Understand this, and pass it on to your brother. That baby and her belong to me, and if you want to work for me you'll pass that shit on." Shoving him away from me, I decided to leave for now. But now that I knew it was her, I wouldn't stop until I found out where she was staying. Turning around one more time before I walked away, I watched her eyes flutter open in a daze. But what really got me was the way he held her and rubbed her face and stomach. Cracking my knuckles I turned away again.

Yeah me and shawty needed to have a conversation.
•••
🚶🏾Rashad.

I went from having a pretty good day, to ending up in ER sweating to fucking death. I had been waiting for them to return Erin but they demanded they run some more tests to make sure she and the baby weren't dry drowning. Everyone tried to tell them she wasn't submerged that long, but they argued that she could've inhaled dangerous amounts of water still in that short amount of time it took for us to get to her. SO it's been a good hour now, and I have yet to see her or hear word from her.

"What! What's going on!? Where is she?!" Hearing her aunt's panicked voice, I met her at the entrance.

"What happened to her! If anything happens to her or that child I'll-" She began to yell, until the doctor and Erin herself came out the doors. She was confined to a wheelchair now and looked tired, but nonetheless okay.

"May I speak with the immediate family near her car please?" Looking at our now mutual friends, I gave them a look to just stand back. The ER was full so I'm assuming they had to free a room once they cleared her, hence us standing outside in the raging sun speaking with the doctor.

"I have some...interesting news for you and I'm not sure how you may take it...since it was unexpected." Glancing at Erin's face, I figured something was wrong with the baby but what she said next had me choking on my water.

"I didn't want to say this around other's because I didn't know how you wanted to let everyone know but the reason why she's been so fatigued and far more tired that to be expected is because-"

"I'm pregnant..." Erin whispered, suddenly covering her face with a heavy sigh so as to let the Doctor finish.

"Erin hush we know that by now, but what's the issue? Is my great niece okay?" Her aunt cut in, agitation filling her features.