Transitioning

💋Erin.

"I didn't think she'd make me look that big this early

"I didn't think she'd make me look that big this early." I sighed, letting my fingertips roam over my stomach that was tight rounded out skin now.

"Early? Erin you're five months along sweetie, you don't have that much longer for anything not even graduation. That's in a month." Frowning at my Aunt as she read over my files, I rolled my eyes turning to look at Rashad. As usual he was twisting and turning the ultrasound around. He still didn't believe we were a having a girl. It was funny to see how big his eyes got, when she told him his dreams were crushed. He wanted a boy really bad, apparently it would be easier for him. Either way a child would be a hassle in my head, regardless of the gender. I remember how many nights Nell called me crying about the stress she endured with King during the days and nights. Sneezing into my elbow, I sighed softly as I settled onto the examination table. My feet were still propped high as she examined me, but I was growing accustom to it. The first few times my aunt had to check me, made everything extremely awkward but she was studying to be a midwife so her friend allowed her in to learn her way around. I had to consent of course.

"Hey, you going to the pool tonight?"- Veda. Turning the brightness up on my phone, I tilted my head to the side reading her message slowly. It was barely summer, and already people were throwing pool parties? I guess I just wasn't as involved in everything as I used to be with my daughter on the way. My brother wasn't kidding, becoming a parent does change your outlook on everything. Life becomes real, and your decisions become a real test. You have someone else to consider now, that matters more than anything else.

"Yeah of course! You already know that." -Star.

"Duhh I live with you, so why are you replying?"-Veda

"Shut up, she didn't reply yet."-Star.

Rolling my eyes as they texted one another back and fourth, no doubt shoulder to shoulder at home I began replying. They confused me so much sometimes. Why argue back and fourth silently on the phone when you're besides one another? I'm the only who should be replying to that question, Veda was right.

"I don't know, all I have are bikini's, and you both know one piece's aren't typically my thing unless I order custom made one's offline and if you're just now informing me about this party I'm sure it's happening tonight." I answered, twiddling my thumbs as I waited. They always told me shit late, I don't know why but I really should start questioning them more about the odd shit they choose to do. Star especially honestly, I needed to get closer to her again. I still felt bad for not being there for her when she got her abortion.

"So? Plenty of fat bitches wear bikini's all the time." -Star. Pouting, I looked down at my extended belly.

"Am I really that fat?" I murmured aloud to myself, knowing Rashad and my Aunt were to occupied with their own things to even really hear me or care.