Isolation

•King.

"She's out of surgery, but... only immediate family is allowed to see her." I cleared my throat, feeling the muscles there ache.

"What?! We are her damn family!!" I rubbed at my burning eyes, as I glanced at Nell. She exploded in agitation at the ER nurse.

"Ma'am lower your voice in this hospital!! This is a murder , attempted murder and rape investigation and anyone risking patient safety will not be let behind those ICU doors unless the are immediate family!" I stood up from my place in the corner, & grabbed my girlfriend and the Mother of my child by her arm.

"I'll get them to let you back there later, just sit here and relax, watch over everyone for me." She glanced off to the side, her watery brown eyes washing over everyone in the waiting room we knew. My aunt Eve, Michelle, & her boyfriend. He was still covered in his brothers blood.

"I got your back, go see her." I waved my aunt over, taking her hand in mine as we walked silently behind the nurse. My heart raced as we walked, the thud of my timberlands skidding against the shinny floors.

"She's in here, pull the assistance string if you need anything." I nodded to the nurse, as I crept my way into the room. When I saw her I felt my anger boiling over, images of her smiling face being smudged by this destruction in front of me. She now lay there in bed unmoving, her skin black and blue. Her lips puffy and swollen, her body broken. Her hair lay in a mess of blood stained curls behind her head, and her body shuddered with each breath she attempted to take.

Nothing she did just laying there on her own, she wasn't the sweet baby sister I had watched grow. She was forced to become a woman in the most disgusting of ways, on what would now be the worst day of her life. I dragged a chair nearby to rest at her side, as I reached out slowly to caress her temple. I saw, nothing but stitches riddling her face, neck, arms, thighs, legs and torso. I tortured my curiosty more, when I pulled her blanket down and instanly regretted it. I heard  my aunt gasp and saw her quickly look away. I apologized and quickly covered her again at the sight of her  inner thighs.

"I just want to understand why." I whispered, loud enough for my aunt to hear.

"No one in there right mind would ever think to pull some twisted shit like this. Now you listen to me boy, I don't want you messing with those boys ever again." She had my word, but I wouldn't promise that heads wouldn't start rolling. I couldn't just let niggas think, they could continue life as normal after doing this to my blood.

"What the hell!? Erin!" I quickly stood away from the bed when my Mother rushed in. I looked away as she broke down screaming against her body. Although upset himself, my Father kept it together for her and pulled her away from her damaged body.

"If it wasn't for the fact I know my child, and I know she wants to see you I'd kick your stupid ass out of here." I cut my eyes at my Father as he sized me up. I clenched and unclenched my fists as we starred each other down, I was itching to hurt anybody, somebody and he was right there.

"That's what you'd want right? As a Father? To kick your only son out to-"

"No child of mine will be some gang banging embarrassment to me! You running around heeler knocking some gutter trash girl up and then getting your sister in your bullshit! I'll see to it that you never speak to Erin again after this!" He yelled, shoving me into the nearby wall.

"Baby, baby don't react!" I struggled against my Aunt Eve as my Mother scolded my Father, I sucked in a deep breath and relaxed, as the same nurse that escorted us back here appeared with security at the door.

"You don't understand how much she loves me then. That is my baby sister and I will be back to see her." I cradled her warm face to my cheek as gently as possible. I kissed her hair line as I knelt down to her ear.

"They say people can hear you even in comas or a deep sleep so...I just want you to know I'll take care of it. I promise and I love you so much." I kissed her cheek, sparring her one last glance, before I disappeared from the hospital room as I rushed into the waiting room. I moved directly to Michelle's boyfriend, and knelt before him. This man had just lost his brother, and couldn't even begin to operate a functional thought.

"I'ma handle it, I promise." I gripped his arm as he nodded slowly, I pointed at my girlfriend.

"I want you to stay low with my aunt until I come back." I exited the Hospital doors quickly, but I stopped short when her body collided with mine.

"No, no! Baby please leave it alone. I don't have a good feeling about this..Please, you have Erin to think about and our baby! You can't keep doing this stupid shit, it's going to get more people killed!" She cried, pulling at my arm until I turned and pulled her close to me. She cried into my neck, as I massaged my hand over her growing belly.

"I need you to have faith in me okay?" I held her face as she continued to cry, & gave her a small smile until she calmed down

"I need you to have faith in me okay?" I held her face as she continued to cry, & gave her a small smile until she calmed down. I continued holding her, as I pulled her in slowly for a long kiss.

"King..." I kissed her forehead and nodded to my aunt as she appeared behind her and grabbed her.

"I'll be back, I promise!" Ignoring her as she screamed for me to come back, I slid back into the front seat of my car as I reached for the duffle bag resting in the backseat.

I needed to know who did this to my sister.
•••
Like
Comment
Share•
••
Shariah•