Trust isnt meant for the weak

💋Erin

THREE YEARS AGO.

•••

   "Are you excited!? Are you! Are you! Huh!! Huh!?" I stopped bouncing when he finally looked up , clearly beyond annoyed with me.

"Excited for your birthday? A day that's not dedicated to me? Hm..." He pondered tapping his chin.

"C'mon stop playing! That's not funny!" I complained folding my arms like a large child. Rolling his eyes he smiled and reached to the side of him.

"Of course I'm excited my baby sister is turning seventeen." Grinning he handed me a box wrapped in a Flora bow. Nodding for me to open it I felt my face heat up, as tears slowly rolled down my cheeks.

"I can't believe you actually got that for me..." Removing the necklace from the gray box I smiled as I held it up to my neck. My parents had more than enough money but felt we shouldn't be spoiled even on our birthdays after being caught sneaking out so many times.

Well my Father did.

"Anything for you E." Grinning I hugged him quickly, before running off to my bedroom. It was actually already pretty late into the day but I wanted to grab something to eat with my friends. There Mom forbid them from doing anything else after Star and Veda came home sloppy drunk and threw up all over there Mom's new carpet. She wasn't to happy about it.

Obviously.

"Hey! I can still go with you to that party tonight right!?" I yelled laying my outfits out, over my bed.

"I'll think about it!" Hearing him rumble that back up the steps to me I rolled my eyes and finished getting ready after my quick shower. I put on light makeup and decided wear my hair down. Maybe I'd wear it up later on.

"Erin the twins are here!" Hearing my brother yell that just as I pulled my skirt up, I glared at the door when they came rushing in. A little late, to be warning me now.

"Yeah I know that now! You're kind of late on that!!!" Smiling when they ran up to me I gave them a quick hug before sliding on my boots. I was ready to hurry up and go out with them before they had to go back home.

"Alright lets go!" Listening to them squeal as we walked downstairs I questioned there outfits of choice. They always matched but this was something different.

"What's with y'all and fishnets with everything y'all wear lately? Is this some new trend I'm missing?" I quirked, raising my eyebrow as I brushed my hair.

"If it is you ain't joining it now let's go." Scoffing as my brother pushed me out the door I followed them to his car. Fortunately my Mom was able to keep that much for him. Besides we were just going out to eat, my Dad couldn't complain about this half of our night.

"Y'all catch a bus up here just to have me take you all the way back to the Tre to have fun? How does that make sense." Jarred fussed , slamming his door shut and starting the car.

"Boy bye hush!" Veda barked, smacking the back of his seat with her hand.

"Boy put the shut to the up we had to come slide in with our boo she finally seventeen!" Star followed, swaying around in the backseat to piss him off. He hated when people acted extra in the car, claims it was a distraction from his driving.

"Yeah and dressing like she twenty! Girl have you lost your mind!? I should've told you to put some clothes on! I can see your bra!" He hollered, slowly pulling out our mile long driveway.

"That's the point!" Ignoring the twins as they yelled from the backseat at him, I sat back in the passenger seat thanking everyone for the birthday wishes. Since the twins and I were young we've talked about turning up but all we ever did was go out to eat, see a movie and have sleepovers. Usually at my house but we got older and eventually it stopped the farther away we moved. So there Mom got tired of everything being a one way street. I understood but my parents didn't. Making my way out the car I gave my brother a hug and kiss on the cheek before following the twins inside. My brother would be back later after visiting his girlfriend and unborn son. We enjoyed our meal and talked about pointless things, majority of the night. Everything was going great until my boyfriend TJ walked in. He was the one person who I hadn't heard from all day, I had hoped he was busy planning a surprise for me or even a gift for that matter but he came in..