Almost There

💋Erin.

      "You ready?" Smoothing out the wrinkles left over my gown, I fitted my cap over my simple black braids once my makeup was finished. I turned, to smile at my Aunt and Nell as they stood there dressed. My nephew stood with his hands, firmly in theres with a wide smile.

"I think so." I winked , watching King grin ear to ear. He had a pin, pinned to his shirt with a picture of his Father holding him on it. I had a old friend photoshop a few of Jarrod's pictures to make it appear like he was around when King was a baby. I don't think anyone would tell him different, even when he got older. But my brother would've been proud to see the young man he was growing into. Sure enough at the thought of him tears sprang to my eyes. It killed me he had to miss all this.

"I know.. I know." Nell whispered, her own eyes watering as she lifted their son into her arms.

"He's here, he's right here baby." I took King into my arms, welcoming his hug as he patted my belly and told me it was okay.

"Ima be like my Daddy so it's okay! I'm like him, so I'm him!" Smiling I peppered his smiling face in kisses, as everyone went outside into the strong heat. Things were changing and fast, my aunt gave word that the house she was building would be finished next week and she'd start moving, selling and cleaning things here. Rashad even changed his mind and decided once his Uncle George got married he'd sell his parents home. He didn't say much about Ant or even his input, just that he'd have to deal with the changes. Ant would be living with them wherever they moved, Rashad knowing his focus would have to be his children and myself now. But he loved his brother very much.

It wasn't long before the ceremony was over and everyone was filling about taking pictures and saying there last goodbyes to friends moving away for college or ending relationships just the same. I think I'd chase my love, I couldn't just let them go that easily.

"Smile New!" Hearing my aunts happy voice, I turned to face her, quickly smiling for the pictures she snapped after smoothly adjusting my hair. I wore it in braids, with plain golden hoops in my ears to compliment. My nails were stelito French tip and my dress a simple black cocktail dress, with a belt adorning a bow with a cream sweater over it all with a set of my aunts soft pearls around my neck.

 My nails were stelito French tip and my dress a simple black cocktail dress, with a belt adorning a bow with a cream sweater over it all with a set of my aunts soft pearls around my neck

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.