Chapter Fourteen: 'Sweetheart'

A/n- I would like to thank spinjitsu15 for the new title of this chapter! :)

Aira was trying to get her mind off Jay by doing laundry. Lloyd was sitting in his chair trying to read. He couldn't focus though.

Aira had just finished folding everything when she gasped and knocked the basket over.

"What's wrong?!" Lloyd asked springing up.

"The baby moved," Aira said placing a hand on her stomach.

"Really?!" Lloyd asked excitedly.

"Ya come here," she said.

She took Lloyd's hand and placed it over the spot where the baby kicked. They waited a moment and then the baby kicked again. Lloyd grinned from ear to ear.

"I was starting to get worried," Aira said. "My doctor told me that the baby should've started moving about a month ago. But it seems that he or she is healthy."

"Why didn't you tell me that?" Lloyd asked worriedly.

"Because I didn't want you to worry," she said. "You have enough on your plate."

"You should have told me," Lloyd said.

"Alright, I'm sorry I didn't tell you," she said. "Happy?"

He rolled his eyes and just nodded. No use arguing about it.

*********************************

"Let go of me!" Jay yelled.

"Hold still," Alita said sharply.

"Do not put that knife anywhere near me," he yelled.

"I'm not going to hurt you much but if you keep thrashing there is no telling whether or not it will!"

Jay reluctantly held still. Alita placed the knife on his arm and cut away a piece of skin. Ronin watched from his cell.

"So you've stooped so low as to conduct experiments on prisoners," Ronin shouted. "You get worse every time we meet."

"Shut up," Alita shouted.

"Don't make her angry while she is holding a knife near my body," Jay yelped. "I still haven't recovered from the last knife I ran into. Haha get it. Ran into. Except I didn't run into it. SOMEONE STABBED ME!!"

"Shut up before I change my mine about the stabbing!" Alita shouted.

"And what did you say Ronin? You've met before?" Jay asked ignoring Alita's command. He may not be the brightest crayon in the box but he knew she wanted him alive for some reason.

"Ya, we've met," Ronin said glaring at her. "Used to be sweethearts actually. Before she cheated on me and ran off with Clouse. That was nigh on ten years ago now."

"He is more than you could ever be," Alita said harshly.

"Yes, Jay, she used to be a sweet and pretty thing. I admired her for raising her little sister all by herself. Then she found something and wouldn't tell me what. She got angry and bitter. Left me and put her poor sister in a boarding school. Well, then I got cursed so I lost track of the little bitch."

Alita turned towards his. Her eyes were practically burning with anger. She took the knife and hurled it towards Ronin. Ronin ducked and it slammed into the wall behind him.

"Not smart, sweetheart," Ronin growled.

"Why do you make sweetheart sound more like 'I'm going to kill you'?" Jay said nervously.

"Wanna know something?" Ronin asked Alita viciously.

"What?"

"I feel sorry for you. You poor damned soul. Wanna know something else? I hate you."

Alita grew angry again. She opened the cell door and threw Jay inside. She locked the door and stormed out of the room.

"That was intense," Jay said sitting down and holding his abdomen. He still wasn't fully healed and he hurt with movement.

"She had it coming to her," Ronin said wearily. "But I wasn't just saying all that to spite her."

"She forgot the knife," Jay said smiling slowly.

"All part of the plan," Ronin winked.

************************************

"Why does this plan sound so stupid?" Chen asked.

"It's a long shot," Alita said. "I've been testing the blue ninja's DNA. I can't replicate his power. The only way for someone else to gain his power is to be born with them."

"But I gained their powers," Chen countered.

"You stole them and stored them. You basically borrowed them," Alita shrugged. "I'm talking having the powers."

"So cloning is a viable option?"
Clouse asked.

"It would take too long," Alita said shaking her head. "Besides that has been tried already."

"So basically we are at a dead end?" Chen asked.

"Not quite," Alita said. "Amaya is going to get us the green ninja's child. The child of the green ninja is bound to be powerful but even more so with the mother also being an elemental master."

"So what are you suggesting?" Clouse asked.

"The way to the world is through the children," Alita said. "Turn the kids and the world falls because they are the next generation. History has shown that to be true countless times."

"We wait for them to have children?" Chen asked incredulously.

"Well, we already know that the white ninja has a son. Lloyd and Aira both are elemental masters and they are expecting," she said. "Turn a few and you will turn the others easier."

"This is far fetched but if it works it could be a huge success," Clouse said.

"Then we wait."

A/n- you know it's actually really scary how true what Alita said is. Hitler even said that during World War II. That's why he started the Hitler Youth. It happens all the time if you think about it. Sorry I love history so I thought I would point that out. Hope you enjoyed! -LL_17