Chapter Seventeen: Foiled Plan

*Two months later*

"What are you talking about, Emily?" Ronin said to a pretty blond headed girl next to him. Her hair was actually more of a dirty blond color. She had deep emerald eyes eyes and soft, white skin. She was a small little thing. She definitely looked like a sweet and dedicated homemaker. "They are going to love you!"

"I don't know, Ronin," she said in a soft voice. "I'm not the tough girl they are used to."

"That's why I love you," Ronin said. "You don't have a 'I can do it myself attitude'. You let me protect and cherish you."

"You're sweet," Emily said gently.

"Here we are," Ronin said pointed to the ninja's monastery.

They walked up the small path through the woods and through the monastery's gates. No one was in the courtyard so they went to the door. Ronin locked loudly and waited.

A few minutes later they heard footsteps. The door opened to reveal Jay.

"Ronin!" He shouted happily.

"Hey! Little buddy!" Ronin laughed giving him a man hug.

"How is your shoulder?" Jay asked.

"It's fine," Ronin said. "Emily fixed it up like new."

"Well, where are my manners," Jay said turning to Emily. "Hello, I'm Jay. Please come inside."

Emily and Ronin followed Jay into the living room. Pixal and Zane were on the floor playing with Kyle and Lloyd and Aira were cuddling and reading on the couch. The others were somewhere else.

"Ronin, it is a pleasure to see you," Zane said. "Who is your friend?"

"I would like you all to meet my new wife," Ronin said proudly. "Emily."

Aira gasped with excitement and stood up. It took her a few minutes because of her swollen stomach. She felt like she was going to pop.

"Hello, I'm Aira!" She said walking over and extending a hand. "This is my husband Lloyd."

Lloyd came over and shook her hand. Pixal stood as well and introduced herself.

"See!" Ronin said. "I told you they would love you!"

"I never should have doubted you," Emily laughed. She was a very meek and quiet woman. Her voice was hardly louder than a mouse.

"Come meet the others," Aira said taking her hand and leading her to the training room.

Kai, Cole, Skylor, and Nya were all training. Both Sensei were in the room as well.

"Ronin, my man," Kai shouted while flipping to avoid a fire burst from Skylor.

"Hey, how ya doin'," Ronin laughed. "Hey, I want ya all to meet my wife, Emily."

"What? You have a wife?" Cole said sending a blast of earth towards Jay. "Get out!"

"Congratulations, Ronin," Garmadon said.

"Hi, I'm Nya."

"Cole!"

"Kai."

"Skylor!"

"Sensei Wu."

"And I am Sensei Garmadon."

"Nice to meet you all," Emily said shyly.

"How in a million years did you get this lovely girl?" Kai asked. Skylor smacked his arm and he shrugged at her.

"I'm still trying to figure that out," Ronin laughed smiling at his wife. Emily smiled lovingly back at him.

Just then Misako and Amaya walked in.

"Amaya, Misako, this is Ronin's wife Emily," Jay said.

"It's a pleasure to meet-" Misako started but was cut off by Ronin.

"AMAYA!" Ronin shouted and stood in front of his wife.

"Ronin! I might have known!" Amaya said turning harsh.

"You two know each other?!" Jay yelped.

"Remember how I told you Alita raised her little sister?"

"Wait," Jay said to Amaya. "You said you were raised by your sister!"

Amaya lost no time in acting. She jumped over to Aira and put a knife against her throat.

"No!" Lloyd shouted.

"No one move," Amaya said. "It seems that since I couldn't stick around till the baby was delivered I'll just have to settle for you."

"You were going to steal our baby?!" Lloyd said hot with anger. Amaya looked alarmed. Lloyd only got this angry on special occasions.

"Sorry, sweetheart," she said to Lloyd. "I'm just following orders."

"Amaya, I know you," Ronin said. "You don't have to do this. You have no love for your sister."

"You don't know me!" Amaya snapped. "Besides! Sensei Garmadon and Sensei Wu killed my parents! Why should I feel sorry if I kill her?"

"Unhand my daughter now!"

All eyes turned to the side door. Morro was standing there and he looked furious. His voice echoed throughout the training room. His face was twisted in anger.

"We meet again," Amaya laughed scornfully.

"I knew you looked familiar!" Morro seethed.

"Don't come closer," Amaya said. She pressed the knife closer to Aira's throat. A trickle of blood began to flow down Aira's neck. Amaya shouted into an intercom. "Alita! I need a ride!"

A portal opened up behind Amaya and she took a step back. Aira tried to stay put but the knife began to cut into her neck. She yelped and began to walk backwards with Amaya.

"I'll find you," Lloyd said to Aira.

"I know."

With that, Amaya and Aira disappeared into the portal. It closed instantly and Lloyd punched the wall. Morro stood darkly in the doorway. Everyone else stared angrily where the portal had been.

"Are they in the same place as last time?" Kai finally asked.

"Unlikely," Ronin said angrily. Emily clutched his arm in worry and fear.

"We need to find out where!" Lloyd shouted angrily. "Aira is expected to deliver any day now! If she delivers before we find her; they will take our baby and kill Aira!"

"Yes, Lloyd," Morro said surprisingly calm. "But we need to let our anger subside so we can clear our heads."

Lloyd nodded and took a deep breath.

"Emily may be able to help with that," Ronin said.

"How?" Kai asked incredulously.

"I'm a telepath," she said softly.

"Like Neuro? Master of the mind?" Skylor asked.

"No," Garmadon said for her. "Neuro can control things with his mind. She is simply a telepath. There is no elemental powers involved."

"Then what are we waiting for?" Lloyd said darkly. "Let's find my wife."

A/n- Are they going to find Aira before the baby is born?! Will they kill her if she delivers while in captivity?! So many questions! I know the answers but you have to wait and find out! xD hope you enjoyed! -LL_17