Chapter Fifteen: Turning Up at your Own Funeral

"How do you tie this thing?" Lloyd asked in frustration. He couldn't seem to tie his tie.

"Here let me," Aira said coming up.

Today was Jay's memorial service. It wasn't a funeral because they hadn't found the body. It had been almost three weeks since his death. They hadn't had the memorial service right away because it was too painful.

"There," Aira said. Lloyd had on a black suit with a green tie. He looked extremely handsome but also extremely uncomfortable. "Now I'm going to go change. Don't move. You'll wrinkle something or mess up your tie."

Lloyd rolled his eyes and stood perfectly still. Aira went into the bathroom and put on a simple black dress. It accentuated her growing figure. She definitely looked pregnant now. There was no hiding it from the media anymore. They just wouldn't know who the father was right away. The media was going to go crazy when they find out the baby is Lloyd's.

Aira walked out of the bathroom and linked her arm in Lloyd's.

"You ready?" Lloyd asked concerned.

"No, but let's go," she said sadly.

They hadn't known where to have they service. They didn't want any media attention. Lloyd had selflessly offered up the location of his hidden glen. They had decided to have the service there with only friends and family.

Aira had been trying to comfort Nya but she was just beside herself with grief. She had lost a lot of weight. She and Kai still weren't speaking to each other. Nya felt horrible for pinning Jay's death on Kai but she was too proud to apologize.

Jay's parents were informed about his death. They were heart broken. Edna had sat in their living room and had just cried until she had no more tears to cry.

"Dear friends," Sensei Wu said. "We are all here today to honor a dear departed friend. One who we all loved and cherished dearly. Jay Walker, Master of Lightening, blue ninja, and hero; he heroically gave his life in an attempt to stop Ronin's murderer. He will never be forgotten. He saved Ninjago and the sixteen realms countless times. Does anyone have anything they wish to say in remembrance of him?"

"Jay was a great guy," Cole spoke up. "We may not have always gotten along but he was a ninja to the core."

"We will miss everything about Jay," Lloyd said. "From his corny jokes to his love for family."

"We will miss him dearly," Nya said speaking up. "I will miss him dearly. I loved him and I will never love again."

"Wow, you guys have a lot of nice things to say about me."

Everyone gasped. Aira stood too quickly and felt herself get dizzy. Lloyd jumped up and steadied her. Kai and Cole had to sit down with shock. Sensei Wu and Sensei Garmadon stood open-mouthed. Zane's eye started sparking and Jay's mom fainted.

"Jay?" Nya said at last.

"Well, I only know one Jay," he said. "And that's me."

"How?" Kai asked. "I saw you die!"

"You saw me fall into the water," Jay said. "Haha who would've thought I was going to walk in on my own funeral."

"This isn't funny, Jay!" Cole shouted. "We thought you were dead!"

"And I did die," Jay said. "For about five minutes. It's a long story. I'm sorry I put you through so much grief. I would've come sooner but it took a while for us to escape."

"Us?"

"Ronin," Jay said. "He was going to come back here with me but he wanted to make sure his girlfriend was safe."

"Girlfriend?"

"I think you are all in shock," Jay said. "Maybe we should go home and I'll explain there."

***********************************

*Three hours earlier*

"The knife snapped!" Ronin yelled in frustration.

"Shhh!" Jay shushed. "Here let me try zapping the lock."

"What's zapping a lock going to do?"

"I don't know but we can try it," Jay said.

"Be my guest," Ronin said stepping back.

Jay stepped up to the lock and zapped it. Nothing happened.

"Hey, wait," Ronin said. "Zappings not a bad idea."

"Huh?"

"Not like that of course," Ronin said. "I mean we get someone in here for some odd reason. Can you produce a high enough voltage to knock someone out?"

"Yes," Jay said excitedly. "But how do we get someone in here."

Ronin shoved him suddenly and yelled extra loudly, "why would Nya love a little bastard like you?!"

Jay looked confused for a minute and then smiled, "back off! You two-faced double-crossing woman stealer!"

"Face it, chump! She will never love you! Not when I'm around," Ronin shouted.

They continued "arguing" but no one came. Finally Ronin stopped and scratched his head.

"Stab me," Ronin said.

"I beg your pardon?!" Jay yelped.

"Not deeply but I think that's the only way to get them in here," Ronin shrugged.

"I'm not stabbing you," Jay said.

"Do it!"

Ronin shoved the broken knife into Jay's hand. Jay closed his eyes and swung. Ronin shouted in pain. Jay opened his eyes and saw he had gotten him in the shoulder.

"He's trying to kill me!" Ronin shouted. He winked at Jay and gave a thumbs up.

"What in blue blazes it going on in here," Alita said finally coming in after a few minutes.

"He tried to kill me!"

"It's your own damn fault!" Jay yelled.

"Ah! My shoulder!" Ronin yelled. Jay couldn't figure out if that part was real or fake.

Alita looked angrily at Jay and unlocked the cell door. She started towards Ronin and then Jay let her have it. Electricity coursed through her body. She stood rooted to the spot. She convulsed and then fell. Ronin timidly kicked her. She didn't move.

"Gosh, you didn't kill her did you," Ronin asked.

"No, but I should have," Jay said walking out of the cell. "Let's get out of here!"

A/n- Jay is safe and sound! Ronin is more or less. Kinda hurts getting stabbed in the shoulder. Brave guy though you have to admit. Hope you enjoyed! -LL_17