➳ Chapter Nine - Floating ✑

Nicole's POV:

"Come on," he said.

"I don't know about this," I said.

"It'll be fine I promise," he added.

"It's cold," I complained.

"You'll get used to it," he said.

Okay it's so not what you think.

~~Flashback~~

"Tell me something else about yourself," he said.

"Like what exactly?" I asked.

"Anything," he replied.

Couldn't we just walk around in silence? I mean it was awkward enough that the dress I was wearing kept getting blown by the wind exposing my legs. I couldn't help but feel a bit self-conscious.

"Want to go for a swim?" he asked out of nowhere.

"No thanks I'm good," I replied.

"Why not? Live a little," he said.

"I um.. can't swim," I said.

Yes I owned several bikinis which got destroyed along with the rest of my things. Living in LA it was kind of essential to own so I still bought a few. Whenever I went to the beach, with was not that often, I usually stayed on the sand.

"Want me teach you," he said.

"I don't think that's such a good idea," I said.

"What? You don't trust me?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"This is weird," I blurted out.

"What is?" he asked.

"This!" I gestured between both of us. "I mean here we are talking like normal people," I said.

"I'm sorry I didn't realize we were aliens," he replied sarcastically.

So now he was being a wise guy.

"You know what I mean, you're my boss, the owner of this big company and here we are acting as if we're old friends," I said.

"You know what I think you're stalling," he said reaching for the hem of his t-shirt and pulling over his head.

"And if you want to continue our little chat you're going to have to get in the water," he added.

"Demanding aren't we," I said raising an eyebrow and he just shrugged his shoulders.

"You seem to be forgetting that we're not at work, which means I don't take orders from you," I said with a smirk on my face.

"But you will," he said.

"And why would I do that?" I asked.