➳ Chapter Fourteen - Office Kisses ✑

Nicole's POV:

I looked back to the cute guy, he looked worried. I just mouthed sorry as Xavier dragged me away.

The entire ride back to his house was antagonizing. I felt anger boiling inside me the closer we got. He had no right to belittle me in the club like that.

"How dare you humiliate me like that?" I asked in an accusing tone.

"Excuse me? I anything I saved you from that guy who probably wanted to use you," he said.

"Is is so hard to believe that someone could actually be attracted to me," I said in a whisper. I noticed his jaw beginning to clench.

"How could you be so reckless? I mean it Monday night Ms. Anderson" he asked.

"There you go again with the last name, besides it's not your place to dictate my life," I said loud enough for him to hear. He simply narrowed his eyes at me.

"I'm not even going to discuss this with you," he said. "You should go get some sleep, Lord knows you'll need it for the morning," he added before he walked to his room.

I couldn't sleep, not now anyway. I could feel the adrenaline pumping in my veins.

For some reason I thought it would be a good idea to finish the party in Xavier's living room. That or I was trying to piss him off. I turned on the radio and climbed on top of his coffee table. All that dancing made being in this dress so damn uncomfortable. I took it off and threw it God knows where.

I was startled by Xavier shouting something behind me cause me to loose my balance. I slipped off the coffee table and onto the floor. I wish I could say Xavier rushed in like superman to my rescue but it just didn't happen that way. The pounding in my head was proof of that.

<<>><<>><<>><<>>

The next morning I woke up feeling like I'd been dragged through the gates of hell and back.

What the hell did I do last night.

I searched around for my phone but it was nowhere to be found. Neither were my clothes, I was wearing a t-shirt that looked like it belonged to Xavier.

Just great!

I don't think I've ever drank that much in my entire life. I think long and hard to see if I could recall anything from last night.

It was all bits and pieces of screaming, dancing and loud music. I grabbed a watch and looked at the time. It was pretty early, if I was fast enough I could probably sneak out without having to face Xavier. I just feel like I did something I probably didn't want to remember.

I managed to pry the sheets open and get out of bed. I thought I was sneaking into the kitchen unnoticed but I heard a throat clear.

"Morning," I said cursing internally.

No reply. He has never been rude to me once since I've been here so I must have completely f*cked up last night. I wonder what happened.

"Um do you know where my clothes are?" I asked.

"Why don't you check behind the TV?" he asked in a snappy tone.