➳ Chapter Ten - Like Brothers ✑

Xavier's POV:

I should have kissed her. What am I even thinking it's way too soon. She surely would have left. She probably would have slapped me.

As I sat there thinking up scenarios in my head she came out from her room, her wet hair hanging on her shoulders. She walked past me and into the kitchen.

"I ordered Chinese, it's on the counter if you're hungry," I said.

"Oh thanks," she said. I couldn't quite place the expression on her face.

What was she thinking in that head of hers?

She took a box out from the the bag and grabbed a pair of chopsticks. Then sat on the couch across from me.

"I almost forgot to tell you that Jason stopped by yesterday," she said casually but it threw me off.

"He what now?" I asked.

It wasn't bad enough that the bastard made me go into work for no good reason but it was for this!

"What did he say?" I asked.

"He said something about wanting to see the view for himself, I don't know it was pretty weird," she replied.

That son of a b*tch

"Wait is he going to say anything about me staying here?" she asked as the realization hit her.

"Don't worry about Jason," I said.

I'll just deal with him tomorrow.

<<>><<>><<>><<>>

The next day I got up early as usual for my run. When I got back Jessie told me Ms. Anderson had already left for work. I must admit it was impressive how seriously she was talking her new position.

When I got to the office, there was a cup of coffee and a bag with bagels sitting on my desk. Attached to the bag was a little note that said 'good morning enjoy :) - N'. It put a smile on my face. I checked her office to thank her for breakfast but it was empty. Then I heard laughter coming from down the hall.

I walk into Jason's office and there she was sitting with a cup of coffee in her hands and Jason with a bagel in his mouth.

"What are you two up to?" I asked.

"We're having breakfast X, what's it look like?" he replied.

"Thanks for the bagels," I said to Ms. Anderson ignoring Jason's comment.

"No problem," she replied with a smile.

"The unfair part is that she got herself a powdered donut and she got us bagels," Jason said.

"Well in my defense I didn't know if you liked donuts so I went with a safe choice," she replied with a shrug.

"Just be glad you got anything at all and stop complaining," I said to Jason.

"I'm going to wash my hands," she replied awkwardly.

"There's a bathroom just-" he started off before I cut him off.