➳ Chapter Sixteen - Japan part two ✑

Nicole's POV:

When we got to the hotel and checked in. Xavier left as soon as the bellhop took our bags and escorted us to the room. It was the penthouse suite of course, I thought it was a total waste of money since we were only staying a couple of days but I kept my opinion to myself.

It was a two bedroom suite, with a media room and a kitchen but there was definitely an amazing view I couldn't complain about. I put my bags in on of the rooms then I took my clothes out, trying my best to smooth them out to look somewhat presentable. After I set them aside, I decided to take a shower.

To say I was nervous was an understatement. I mean was this a date or just a casual dinner? We're we going to talk about the kiss? Was it just a one time thing? I mean I wouldn't mind a few more kisses. I could still remember what his lips tasted like.

I had just finished taking a shower when I heard the sound of a door closing, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"You're back so soon!" I said.

"The meeting finished a bit earlier than expected, we decided to pick up where we left off tomorrow, but you can take your time," he said looking down at my body.

"Okay, I won't be too long," I replied realizing I came out in just my towel.

I rushed back to the room and got ready as fast as a woman can.

"You look amazing," he said.

"Thanks," I replied.

I could feel his heated gaze on me.

"Stop staring," I said trying to hide the blush appearing on my face.

"You're making it very hard not to," he replied. He was making me feel like a teenager with raging hormones.

"Sorry," I mumbled.

"I just told you I couldn't stop staring at you because you look amazing and your apologizing," he said chuckling.

"I'll stop teasing now, we should get going before we miss our reservations," he said extending his hand out to me.

<<>><<>><<>><<>>

The drive to the restaurant wasn't that long. It didn't feel that much different than New York. The city was full of life and excitement.

The restaurant was small but elegant. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to understand the menus but there was a bit of English on them so I was just fine.

"Do you know what you want to get?" Xavier asked after a few minutes had passed.

"Mmm I'm not sure but definitely not sushi," I replied.

"And why don't you want sushi?" he asked.

"I just prefer my fish cooked," I replied.

"It has vegetables and rice as well," he added. "Have you ever tried it?" he asked. I crinkled my nose in response, gaining a laugh from him.

"Miss try something new doesn't want to try something new?" he teased. "How do you know you don't like it if you've never tried it?" he asked repeating the same thing I asked him a few days ago.