➳ Chapter Fifteen - Japan ✑

Xavier's POV:

I just couldn't help myself. When Nicole said she was jealous because she thought I was on a a date, I knew she wanted me just as much as I wanted her.

I placed a little surprise I front of her bedroom door this morning. She'll most likely be confused, which means she'll have to talk to me about it.

We hadn't spoken since that kiss in my office. It took everything I had to restrain myself from doing it again. I didn't want to scare her. I wanted her to want to be with me and not just because she thinks if she rejects me I'll fire her. I couldn't even if I tried.

She came into the kitchen dragging the suitcase along with her.

"Are you putting me out?" she asked with a mischievous smile on her face.

"Not quite, I'm taking you to Japan," I replied taking a sip of my coffee.

It was for work but I remember Jason said she wanted to travel the world, so I see no reason why she shouldn't tag along. At least I could have some fun on the trip. I glanced back at her, she had her eyebrow raised waiting for an explanation.

"It's strictly business of course," I said. "But I think we could squeeze a bit of pleasure in there somewhere," I added causing her to choke on her orange juice.

"I was only kidding but I mean if you wanted to take me up on my offer just say the word," I said.

"I- uh... I'll go pack," she said rushing out of the kitchen.

<<>><<>><<>><<>>

She looked so enthralled by everything sitting across from me in my father's jet. We were still waiting on the pilot so we could leave.

"Is this your first time?" I asked.

"On a private jet yes, flying obviously not, I love flying being up in the clouds," she said. It made me smile.

"What?" she asked look at my face.

"I said the same thing to my dad once," I replied.

"You know I've been meaning to ask you, since you're company develops the technology for aircrafts, can you fly?" she asked.

"Yes, I'm the modern day Peter Pan," I replied gaining an eye roll. "I'm just joking, my dad taught me and then I studied aviation to make it official," I said.

"Impressive," she said.

"I remember the first time I flew my dad's helicopter, he let go of the steering, got up and said 'if you don't learn now you never will' I mean he wasn't a mad man or anything he had explained everything already but every time he asked if I wanted a go I always said no, I was so scared but eventually I got the hang of it," I said.

"That actually sounds quite terrifying and amazing all at the same time," she replied.

"I loved every second of it though," I said reminiscing.

"What else did you study?" she asked.

"I double majored in I.T and business management," I replied.