Chapter 1

Hi guys, I am a first time writer who probably won't get any reads to be honest, but I figured I would give it a shot! I will try updating this story frequently and thank you so much if your giving this book a chance :)

...

Jenna's POV

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP
My alarm clock is loud and annoying as I reach to my nightstand and turn it off. For a second I think about rolling over and going back to bed, but I know I can't miss my classes on the first day of school. I lay there for a couple minutes scrolling through Facebook and Instagram hoping that the light from my screen will help me wake up.

After a good 15 minutes of scrolling I finally get myself out of bed and I start the coffee maker. I go back to my room and search through my closet trying to find something to wear, I've never been the type of girl to pre plan my outfits and schedule my day unlike my best friend Tara, it's not a negative thing though I wish I was as organized as she is.

I decide to wear some black jeans and a grey flowy top with lace at the bottom, the top was a bold choice for me considering I normally stick with just jeans and a t shirt and try not to stand out too much.. Not since ninth grade at least.

I quickly run my straightener through my long brown hair and brush my teeth before making my coffee with loads of sugar just the way I like it. I throw on some mascara and I'm out the door and at my bus stop.

When my bus arrives I quickly get on and avoid any awkward eye contact with the people already on the bus.

I instinctively go to my normal seat on the bus and just about sit down when I notice the brown curly haired boy sitting in my seat, he looks up at me with his kind green eyes and smiles. His smile fades to confusion when I realize I've been standing here for who knows how long just staring at him.. "Can I help you" he says 'yeah actually your in my seat' I think to myself but decide against saying. "No, sorry" I say and sit in the seat across from him.

I put my headphones in and put my music on shuffle as I try to forget about the embarrassing situation I just encountered.

Leave it to me to start off the school year freaking out the new kid, I wonder where he's from we don't get many new kids at Lanstan Secondary School and when we do they definitely don't look as.. good looking as him. I've lived in this piece of shit town my entire life and none of the guys here even compare to this handsome boy sitting to my right, nobody but Calum Jestron at least. The boy has been starring at me the entire time I've been sitting here and I've thought about introducing myself but I probably would just make a fool out of myself again.

I decipher whether or not I'm going to say something when I think I hear someone talking over my music, I take out my headphones and the boy is looking at me, "sorry what was that" I say feeling bad I didn't hear him the first time. He laughs a small laugh before repeating himself "I said, hi I'm Harry and you are?" I notice his British accent right away, I guess I was so out of it before I didn't pick it up. "I'm Jenna, nice to meet you" I smile unsure what to talk about with the boy I'm just meeting.

I never know what to say to people when I first meet them so I just tense up and stay silent, but it's slightly different this time I am still extremely nervous and confused as to why he would bother talking to someone like me, but I get this slight feeling of comfort with his presence.

"I've never seen your face before" I say and instantly regret it. Why Jenna why do you have to say the stupidest stuff every time you speak. He laughs at my expense and I can't help but laugh with him at my stupidity, "yeah I just moved here from England about a week ago, this town is lovely".

"Lovely isn't necessarily how I would put it unless you love retirement homes, run down parks, and shopping in a nearly empty mall that plays French jazz music all day long" I say as Harry shrugs "I will admit it's small but but my mom loves it here and I've only got this last year until I graduate it so it'll do"

The bus stops and kids start emptying the bus. As I make my way out of the bus behind Harry he turns to me "it was nice meeting you Jenna, see you around" a bright smile is spread across his face and his dimple is prominent, he fixes his hair and walks away towards the schools doors before I can get a chance to say anything.

Did that actually happen? Did I just have a conversation with the tall dreamy british new kid? Why on earth did he talk to me, I mean I'm not some gorgeous girl with a skinny body, I'm not the kind of girl guys like him approach, especially after I gapped out staring at him earlier, but he did and I can't help it as my pulse races and butterflies flow through my stomach. This feeling won't last long though once he meets people and they tell him about me, about what happened. He will soon realize I'm not a person you should be associated with, I'm nobody. As he enters the school the butterfly's turn to a pit in the bottom of my stomach, realizing that a guy like him would never go for a girl like me. I make my way into the hell I call school, I look around the crowd of people for my best friend Tara, when I can't find her I make my way to my first class dreading the day ahead of me.
-