Chapter 9

Jenna's POV

I don't know what got over me when I reached up to kiss him, but a part of me is glad I did.

When I was with Harry something inside me felt free, it felt calm, it felt like home.

The way he was with me, always trying to make me feel important, and actually genuinely caring about me was something I hadn't felt in a long time.

I grabbed the back of his neck as he leaned down to kiss me, hands on my waist pulling me in closer.

His lips were soft, so soft pressed against mine. He pushes his tongue through and I don't stop him, instead I just enjoy this drunken kiss while I can.

I pull away and try to hide myself biting my lip with my hand.

"I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me" I say shyly staring at the ground.

"Wanna get out of here" he says.

"Harry just cause we kissed doesn't mean that I -"

"No not like that, I have somewhere I want to show you."

Harry and I walked out the bedroom and headed towards the living room area.

"Harry can we just find a back door, I really don't want to have to face them."

"Shh stay here." He said before approaching the bar.

"Hi sir, I just thought I would let you know that I saw two delinquents down the hall with stolen vodka from your bar.." Harry says and I catch on to what he's doing.

"Unbelievable, I knew I shouldn't have taken this job, I can't stand teenagers! Thank you so much" he says to Harry and storms down the hall.

Harry looks at me and giggles before gesturing me over and we grab two bottles from behind the bar and sneak out the back door.

....

"Where are you taking me" I say as we walk through the bush.

"You'll see" he says and I almost tumble over as he catches me.

"You aren't secretly some mass murderer are you?" I laugh.

"Cause I may just have to kill you if you are" this time Harry laughs along with me.

"Are we almost there" I say in a playfully annoyed tone.

"Yes hold on, your so impatient" he says steadying me once more after I nearly trip again.

As we come out of the path in the bush I see this gorgeous waterfall and rocks aligning the river below. Willow trees surround the area and a field of wildflowers are off in the distance.

"This is.. Beautiful" I say taking in my surroundings.

"How'd you find this place" I curiously ask.

"The path we were on leads to my backyard, I took a stroll Wednesday and found this here, I don't think many people know about it quite honestly."

We take a seat on one of the surrounding rocks and stare at the sight as the water flows down the rocks and through the stream. The moonlight reflecting off of the water.

Harry opens one of the bottles and we take turns taking sips as the night changes.

"I've never had this you know" he breaks the silence.

"I've never had someone like you in my life. A genuine friend."

What is he talking about? "You seem to have lots of friends at Lanstan, I can only imagine you did at your old school as well."

"They aren't my friends especially not after what they did to you." He says taking another swing of vodka.

"Harry I don't expect you to drop your new friends because of something they did to me years ago" I say feeling guilting for making him feel obligated to drop everyone for me.

"They don't give a shit about me anyways, no one ever has, all they care about is looking cool and getting chicks, I could never sit down and have a genuine conversation with them, I never have been able to do that with anyone. Until you." He says taking an other shot of liquor before handing me the bottle.

I guess I've never really sat back a thought about it that way. I had assumed being popular was ideal, everyone liked you and wanted to be your friend and that's all I ever wanted growing up. I never imagined the life that I always wanted could actually be so lonely.

We sat in silence for a bit and appreciated the view, his was the waterfall. Mine was him.
-

Short and sweet ladies and gents :) I'll most likely be updating later as well! Please please please recommend this book to people and put it in your reading lists! I appreciate all 47 of you so much;) and I would love to get this book more widely known and I can't do it without your help! You guys are awesome!
Xo