Chapter 6

Jenna's POV

I was awoken by my alarm and I laid in bed staring at the ceiling thinking about what I would say to Harry when I saw him today.

I decided to go with a simple 'I'm sorry for last night but I want to make it clear we are just lab partners'.

I brush my teeth and push my medium brown hair into a high ponytail before throwing on some dark wash jeans and a grey v neck t-shirt.

I decide to put some cream coloured eyeshadow on and I drew a thin line of black eyeliner before putting on my favourite mascara.

..

As I waited at my bus stop i flipped through the pages of teen vogue admiring the outfits the models were wearing and even thinking if ways they could have made it better.

I could see the bus coming and I started to panic.

I repeated what I was going to say to him over and over in my head as I climbed onto my bus and went to my new seat.

To my surprise Harry wasn't there, or anywhere on the bus for that matter.

I put my headphones in my ears and played some Ed Sheeran as I looked on my seat window dreading the school day ahead.

When I arrived at school there was a wave of chatter amongst everyone. I could sense immediately that something was off.

After scanning the hall I found Tara and sped walked to her.

"What's the big commotion" I asked not wanting to wait any longer guessing what it could be.

"Do you know Christian? Christian Laurence?" She asked.

"Of course I do, it's not that big of a school" I remind her.

"Well apparently he's having a party Friday night" Tara says and I notice her smile fading as she realizes she wasn't invited.

"It's ok we can just have a sleepover Friday night" I say trying to make her feel better "movies, popcorn, gossip. We can even set up the tent and sleep out back and have a fire a cook smores if you'd like".

All of a sudden someone crashing into Tara knocking all of her books out of her hands and sheets went flying everywhere!

"Thanks a lot you little" she said before looking up and seeing familiar soft blonde hair on a sorry Niall.

"I'm so sorry Tara I didn't see you, seems everytime were meeting in bumping into you" he said with a soft smile.

"Don't worry about it Niall it happens" she says nervously while they both try to collect the sheets that had fallen.

Niall hands her a pile of sheets and just as we start to walk away he grabs her arm and gently turns her around facing him.

"So.. Uh I was wondering.. If maybe you would like to.. If you weren't busy.. You don't have to but.. Uh.. Would you want to go to the party with me on Friday?".

Tara try's to keep her cool "I would love to Niall" she says trying to hold back the biggest smile.

"Cool, I'll- I guess I'll see you around?" He says not even trying to hold back his happiness.

"See you around" Tara says and when she turns around she squeezes my arm and shrieks.

I can't help but be happy for her, Niall is such a sweet guy and she deserves to be happy, she deserves to get invited to that party.

I can just have a Netflix marathon this Friday, I've never been to a party so who knows, I may not be missing out on much anyways.

As we walk down the hall I see Harry with a group of the popular guys, James, Christian, Calum, Frank, and Colby.

These girls approach them and Jessica takes James' hand in hers and Claire slaps Christians ass before he puts his hand around her waist, and Rachel this skinny blonde in short shorts is all over Harry. I watch in disgust as she pulls the front of her shirt down exposing her boobs when Harry isn't looking, to find him take a glance down, obviously boosting her ego.

Harry seemed like a decent guy but seeing him surround himself with those people just proves my point that last night was a mistake, just like before. Guys like him cannot be trusted.

Calum, James and Harry make there way into biology and shortly after me and Tara do the same.

I take my seat next to him and before I can speak Harry is apologizing once more.

"I really am sorry for last night, I never meant to make you uncomfortab-"

"It's fine really, can we just put this all behind us please" I say aborting my original plan and I speak with my heart instead of my mind.

Harry lets out a breath of relief and nods in agreement.

I wonder why he cared so much to make sure I accepted his apology. It was probably just to boost his own ego in all honesty, he probably didn't truly care.

Tara waits for Amelia and they take a seat behind us before the bell rings.

"I've noticed some of you have switched you seating, better choose where you would like to sit today because there will be no more arrangements tomorrow" Mr. Reynolds says as students hesitate to make the switch.

Finally Calum and James get up and take a seat on the other side of the room.

A couple of other groups switch their seats and then the class begins.

I take notes the entire class and I can see Harry struggling to get all of the information down as Mr. Reynolds talks, he's a very slow writer.

When the class is over we have 5 minutes to do as we please before the bell.

"So maybe we could go to Christans party together as a fresh start" he says and I give him an off look.

He's asking me out on a date as a way to say sorry for kissing me and that it won't happen again.

He senses my hesitance before he adds "of friends of course".

I still am unsure what to say as I sit there with my mouth trying to form words but nothing coming out.

"You have to go!" Tara exclaims and I turn around to look at her, warning her with my eyes to shut up.

"Seriously it'll be fun Jenna, you can come to my house and get ready and everything".

"I .. I don't know" I say undetermined on what I'll do.

"Oh come on Jenna loosen up, when's the last time you just let yourself have fun". She says an I can't help thinking she's kind of right.

"I guess you're right"

"Then it's settled!" She says smiling so large and clapping her hands and I see Harry smirk.

I look over at him and shine him the fakest smile ever, just before the bell rings.

"See you later Jenna" he says while he's walking out the door, before meeting up with his friends.

Nobody's going to want me at that party, I can't help thinking to myself.

"Bye" I say to Harry as I watch him walk down the hall, Rachel rubbing her hand across his back and I can't help but feel a little..

Jealous.
-

Anyone excited to read about what happens at this party? I know I am :D please favourite and comment as you wish! I'm really enjoying writing this book and I hope you guys are enjoying reading it just as much. You guys are great!
Xox