Chapter 18

Jenna's POV

"WHAT KIND OF PARENT ARE YOU" I am awoken by my fathers raging voice racing throughout the house.

"keep your voice down Steven! Everyone's still sleeping!" My mother desperately try's to get him to keep quiet.

I look at the clock and it reads 7:12am.

There voices get quieter so I decide to sneak down the hall to get closer to the argument.

"How can you be ok with our daughter slutting around with that tattooed boy who's probably slept with half the town in the time he's been here! You probably knew she was with him and that's why you chose here of all places to stay" My mother huffs at his choice of words.

"I understand you're a father and you don't like that you saw them that way, but you haven't even met Harry he's a sweet boy and has show us nothing but kindness, something you'd know if you were home once and a while! As a matter of fact they weren't even on good terms as far as I know just before this all happened! Sorry that my goddamn house burned down and I don't have any friends in this down to stay with because of you!" My mom rants and I crouch down behind the chair to get closer to hear better.

"How can you stand up for her, who knows what would have happened if I didn't show up! He yells.

"You know she isn't that kind of girl! She just met him!" My mom defends.

"You think you know your own daughter yet she jumped into bed with that Calum guy and look where that got her, she needs to stop slutting around and focus on school, and she can't do that if she continues staying here!" He shouts and slams his hand down on the counter.

I'm thrown back that my own father would say that, my eyes weld up and I desperately try to force the tears back.

"Steven! I can't believe you would throw what Calum did to her up as if it was her own fault! She was in a long term relationship with him! She had grown feelings for him and he tricked her into doing what she did and publicly humiliated her with it and you have the nerve to act like she was just "slutting around"?!?!"

"Come on Christina, she chose to open her legs, it doesn't justify what he did but she had part in it as well, and your just going to sit back and let her ruin herself again?"

"My god! Don't you think if I truly thought that staying here would be a problem I would just find money and stay in a hotel, we've made some guidelines and it isn't going to happen again, they were just kissing she wasn't 'slutting it up' weren't you 17 once!"

"Well we're staying." She flatly says, obviously pissed at my dad and trying to prove a point.

"Well I'm not just going to sit around and watch her destroy everything she's spent the last 3 years repairing!"

"So what your just going to leave? You just got here! She never gets to see you Steven!"

"I'm not going back to California, I'll just stay at the hotel down the road, and when Jenna's ready to stay at the hotel with me she will. And when your ready to apologize for having shitty parenting skills, you can to."

He storms down the hall and grabs his bag and opens the front door and stop and turns to my mom to say "just because you were a whore at her age doesn't mean she has to be"

"Go fuck yourself Steven" she shouts and slams the door in his face.

My mother let's out a breath and leans against the counter her hands covering her face. She starts crying in her hands and I accidentally shift my footing and push the lamp into the wall causing a loud bang and startling my mom.

"Jenna?" She says and I stand from behind the chair.

"Oh god honey, how much did you hear?"

"Too much" I say and run into her arms an let out a cry.

How could my father be so cruel, he spoke so little of my like I was some worthless whore he deserved why she got, he is not the same man he was before he started leaving for weeks, sometimes months at a time for business. He used to be so kind and loving and now all I see is anger and bitterness within him and he's taking it out on everyone round him. Yes he had a right to be upset but to the degree he was? To say the things he said was uncalled for.

My mom hugs me tightly and Harry appears from the hallway and meets us in the kitchen area.

I stand next to my mother and wipe away my tears.

"I heard everything, don't listen to him Jenn, your worth more then any of the names he called you. I'm sorry that this happened." He opens his arms for a hug and I push past him and head to my room.
-

Oh shit! A lot of drama is going down, who's side are you on, did Jenna's dad have a right to be that mad or did he take things to far? I wanna know your guys' opinions! Please feel free to comment on stuff I'd love to interact with you guys, also favourite it and tell your friends if your liking it! It really helps(: so far I have 128 reads! It isn't much but I'm still really happy with even that many!

Love and appreciate you all and be prepared cause it's only the start :D
Xo