Chapter 4

Harry's POV

The drive to my house is awkward, I've never been so flustered around a girl before.

I try to make small talk but she seems very hesitant to keeping any sort of conversation going. I hope it wasn't something I said.. Did I come on to strong by complimenting her? Fuck I don't understand women.

As we turn onto my street Jenna finally speaks, "I never knew there were houses down this road" she says without making eye contact.

"Who thought the new kid in town would know this place better than you" I pick fun at her and I can tell she's holding back a smile.

When we pull up to my house it takes Jenna a second before getting out of the car.

"Holy shit your house is nice!" She says and it kind of surprised me. Yeah my house was above average in this area but it wasn't all that she was making it out to be.

When we went inside I begin untying my black converse shoes while Jenna admired all of the family photos on the wall.

"Is this you" she asks pointing to a photo of me when I was 3, face deep in an ice cream cone with my sister giving me a disgusted look.

"Unfortunately yes" I say realizing a slight laugh.

"Who's this horrified little girl next to you" she says holding the most perfect smile on her face.

I had literally only known this girl for 11 hours, yet I had already grown so fond of her. The little things she does, the sound of her laugh, we're just so.. Perfect.

"Just my sister" I say. "Is she here, will I meet her?" She asks and I'm unsure what to say. I don't want to get into the whole story of mine and my sisters relationship, and thankfully while I stared at Jenna unsure of what to say my mom came around the corner.

"Hi I'm Anne, nice to meet you!" My mom says with literally the biggest grin ever on her face as she jumps in to hug Jenna. I can tell she is thrown off by my mothers gesture, but she politely hugs her back. "I'm Jenna nice to meet you too" she shyly replies as my mother releases her from the hug.

"So what are you guys up to" mom says as she looks at me, then to Jenna, then back to me.

"Biology project" me and Jenna both say at the same time and then glance at each other.

"Ok well I won't keep you guys then, again it was nice meeting you Jessica".

I can see Jenna debating on correcting her.

"Jenna" I finally say, "Jenna right! I'm so sorry I'm horrible with names".

After a long pause I break the silence, "We're going to go work now" I say and me and Jenna turn to walk down the hall.

My mom glances at Jenna when she isn't looking and then back at me smirking, I give her a warning glare and she shrugs still with the biggest smile planted on her face.

When we get to my room Jenna takes a seat on my bed and I take a seat next to her as she immediately starts rambling. "So for the project I was thinking we could have a very visualized PowerPoint, I found some pictures online of what the monkeys looked like the longer they were kept away from their natural habitat and I think that it would really help showcase the amount of -"

"Woah slow down, your starting to remind me of that weird girl in biology, what's her name? Amelia that's it!" I say and Jenna let's out a sign and a smile is prominent across her face.

"Sorry I ramble when I'm nervous" she says.

"So I make you nervous" I slowly say moving towards her.

"No..tha- that's not what I meant" she says and I can see her melting as I lean in towards her staring into her deep brown eyes.

She jolts back to reality and turns her attention away from me and towards the pictures of the monkeys she printed out.

"What was I saying.. Oh the monkeys right! So I was thinking if we somehow incorporated them into the PowerPoint it could really - "

I put hand on hers stopping her from speaking and she looks at me confused.

"Why don't we get to know each other first, I mean we are going to be lab partners for the rest of the semester, we might as well get to know each other, right?" I ask and she thinks about it quickly before nodding.

We started off talking about me moving and how my mother was born and raised in the city of Hampton in England where I grew up, and she always wanted to live in a simpler town, she claimed they had a form character that you could never find in the city. Then Jenna began telling me about her parents professions, her mom was in advertisement, creating labels for lotions and packaging for perfumes, but she had recently enrolled herself in culinary school as it was her passion. Her father on the other hand was a business man, rarely home and often travelling for business meetings.

Then we started talking about old memories from our childhood, it was mainly her telling me stories about embarrassing things her and her friend Tara did that she completely cringes at whenever she remembers them.

I don't speak much about my past, I tell her about the sports teams I was on and this one time when I face planted right in front of my sixth grade crush. My crush had ended up telling me it was 'cute' or some shit and we dated but I decided to leave that part out.

I never really had a close friend like Jenna had Tara, instead I had a bunch of fake people who didn't care about me.

I listened to Jenna ramble on and on about the randomist things and I'm just in awe at the passion she has while she speaks. She didn't strike me as a talker seeing as how shy and nervous she appears to be.

We got side tracked talking for over two hours, laughing uncontrollably at times and I couldn't help falling more and more for this girl, I feel like I've known her my whole life.

Jenna's laugh fades to worry as she grabs her phone and checks the time.

"It's 9:00 already and we've got nothing done!" She starts to panic.

I grab both of her arms "it's fine this project isn't due for like a week and a half, it's only the first day, we have plenty of time to work on the project" I say in an attempt to calm her down.

She seems more relaxed now and she stares at me, my hands still resting on her arms.

Before I know it my lips are crashing into hers, my hand makes its way to her cheek, the other resting on her waist as I lay her down on the bed. At first she is into it kissing me back, aggressively even. As I part my lips and push my tongue through she pushes me back and stands up off of the bed.

"I- I'm sorry I just can't"

"No I'm sorry I shouldn't have thrown myself at you the way I just did, I just thought you were into me and.. I don't know we were having such a good time and-"

"This can't happen again" she says and my heart sinks

"But why" I ask begging for an explanation.

"It just can't ok!" She says before quickly grabbing her purse and running out the door.
-

Thank you all so much if you are reading! Sorry if I'm leaving you on a cliff hanger but I have to have a little fun when writing;) You probably have a lot of questions that will get answered if you keep reading! Thank you all
Xo