Chapter 11

Jenna's POV

I stood outside the closed door confused, just standing there staring at it trying to comprehend what just happened.

I was startled by the sound of Tara's car horn, and I walked down the path to her car.

"Thanks for picking me up." I say hopping into her car and she backs out of the driveway.

"What was that! He just kissed you on the cheek!" She says looking back and forth between me and the road.

"I don't really know if I'm honest.. So spill about your night with Niall already" I say trying to change the subject.

"There's too much to tell! Let's go to the Froth Café tomorrow, maybe 12ish and gossip about everything, sound good?" She asks, pulling onto my street.

"Yeah that'd be perfect" I say when she pulls in my driveway.

I sit there for a minute looking at her, appreciating how lucky I am to have such a great friend, she looks a little uncomfortable and curious but it fades to a smile when I reach across the car to hug her.

"Thanks Tara" I mumble into her creme coloured sweater.

"For what?" She laughs

"Everything" I say before pulling out of the hug.

"Love you loser" she says as I hop out of the car.

"Love you too shithead" I say shutting it and I watch her drive off.

When I get inside I can smell the delicious sauce my mom is making so spaghetti tonight.

"Hi sweety, how was the party, did everything go ok?" She asked while stirring the sauce and adding some seasoning.

"It was fun" I lied not wanting to tell her about all that happened, she worried enough about me and I didn't want to add more to her plate by telling her that Calum and his friends publicly embarrassed me.

I tried to plaster this alive look on my face to hide my hangover.

"Dinner will be ready in ten hun."

I walked to my room and changed out of Tara's uncomfortable dress.

I am thankful that Harry let me wear his clothes when we hungout today cause I can only imagine the discomfort I would have been in watching movies in this dress.

I had no clue what Harry meant when he said he meant everything he said.

Was I really that drunk that I can't remember what it was?

I had changed into some comfy pyjamas and met my mother in the dining room.

"Dad will be coming home from his business trip late tomorrow night" my mom says taking a bite of her delicious spaghetti.

I was ecstatic to hear that my dad would be coming home soon, I missed him so much, he was such a kind loving man and though at times I was bitter that he was away so much, I knew he was doing it to support my mother and I and to help pay for my mothers culinary school tuition.

"That's great" I say smiling ear to ear.

We finished our meal and I did the dishes before watching some Grey's anatomy on Netflix and going to bed.

....

I woke up to the sound of my phone buzzing repetitively.

Annoyed, I lifted my phone to see who had been spamming me with texts so early in the morning.

1:22pm my phone read, along with 34 messages from Tara.

Shit! Our lunch plans!

I call her up right away.