Chapter One

"This is going to be great. Like this is the best birthday present I ever got. I mean how are you ever going to top this, Lottie? I don't think that it is possible I honestly don't think that you or anyone else could ever top this birthday present. If they do then it better be that they give me some better eyes, but you and me both know that is completely impossible. In the end thought this is and will always be my best birthday present, even though it's two months early, it will still be the best." Louis rambles on and on for the next twenty minutes.

Lottie has just given her big brother Louis the best birthday present, according to Louis of course. You see there is this one boyband call One Direction and they're pretty damn good or at least one will hope so because they already went on two world tours and had four sold out Madison Square Garden shows.

There are four boys in this band Liam, Niall, Zayn and Harry. Harry Styles who Louis might or might not (might) be deeply in love with. They were on X Factor a couple years ago and that's when Louis found his love for them. He thinks they are absolutely perfect.

Louis has always wanted to meet them but he's broke and tickets to their concerts are expensive as shit and Louis has never heard them live. So Louis saved all his money from his job and got another one all in hopes that he would save up enough money. Last year when he graduated from school he gave up his all his savings so he could move to London and become a book editor.

He loves reading and if he can read for a job then hell yeah he is going to do it. The only flaw in Louis' dream job is that you need to be able to read. Of course he can read it's just well...Louis Tomlinson is blind. So all the books Louis has to read are going to be needed to be made in braille. It's not going to be easy though or at least that's what Louis' dean told him when Louis said he wanted to be an editor but they gladly accepted him into their school with hopes that Louis fulfills his dream.

Then yesterday, late October, when Louis got home from work his younger sister, Lottie, storms into his flat and surprises him with tickets to meet and go to One Direction's 'Before their new tour' show. Louis might have screamed like a little girl but no one needs to know that.

"Okay Louis I know that you are excited but you need to like shut up." Lottie says as she pulls into a parking spot and turns the car off.

"Oh my god are we here?" Louis says as he starts fixing his hair even though he can't see it. Lottie gets out of the car and goes to the other side to help Louis out. "My cane?" Louis puts his hand out as Lottie hands it to him. He really hates calling it that. Cane. It makes him sound old and fragile and Louis does not like that. "How do Iook?" He picked out his favorite outfit: the softest pair on skinny jeans he owns, favorite blue shirt and of course his black sunglasses.

Ugh he has a love hate relationship with those. Louis hates to wear then because people say it makes him look like a dick but he would rather be called names them have people ask him why his eyes look like how they do.

Louis can here the hundreds of girls yelling and talking before he even walks into the building where the concert is being held. Lottie and Louis find their seats, top section but Louis doesn't mind because he can't see them anyway.

Maybe that's why music is such a big thing in Louis' life. If he can't see all he can do is hear and touch and so you take what you get.

The siblings are due to meet the boys after the concert so for now they sit and wait for it to start.

*

"Thank you all! We love you!" Harry yells into the microphone and even though Louis knows he doesn't mean it he can't stop himself from whispering it back.

Soon the yells of the girls die down and all Louis can here are the chatter of the girls as they fill out and a slight ringing. Louis and Lottie say seated until people clear out and Lottie is directing him down some stairs.