Chapter 14

Louis has been pacing in front of his door for the past half hour trying to think of how he can buy Harry's gift. Lottie is at school and his mum won't drive all the way to London for him so Louis is stuck in his house. He just needs someone that can drive and obviously Harry's out of the picture because the gift is for him.

What if he calls one of the other boys? That's not a bad idea. But he doesn't have any of their numbers, unless...

"Call Harry." Louis says to Jenny, his pacing doesn't slow as the phone rings.

"'Ello?" Harry mumbles into the phone and Louis knows that he's sleeping right now.

"Harry, hi do you happen to have Niall's number?" Louis speaks quickly into the phone.

"Mmh? What? Why do you need Niall's number?"

"I have to ask him something." Louis says and it's not a lie either.

"Okay, I'll tell him to call you. Bye babe." The line goes dead, that was really easy. Louis paces for five minutes until his phone is ringing.

"Hello." He says.

"Louis! My big ass man! What can I do for you!?" Niall shouts into the phone making Louis pull it from his ear.

"Can do you me a favor?" Louis asks shyly as he plays with the hem of his shirt.

"Yeah what do you need."?

"I-I want to get Harry's Christmas present and I can't drive so I need someone to drive me to the store and I-."

"Course! Are you home?" Niall cut in.

"Uh, yes."

"Great I'll be right there. Bye!" Niall yells into the phone and then it goes off.

"Bye?" Louis says. That was the weirdest conversation ever. Okay not ever but it was pretty weird. Doesn't matter how weird because he is getting a ride from the one and only Niall Horan. Louis shakes his head, the perks of dating a star.

*

"So where do you want to go?" Niall asks as he guides Louis to the car.

"There is this little store on Grave Street." Louis grabs his seatbelt and pulls it across his struggling as he tries to put it in the holder. "Next to the Apple store by the river."

"Why are we going there? That doesn't seem very Harry." Niall says as he starts driving once Louis finally got his seatbelt in.

"Oh trust me. Harry's gift is there." Louis laughs.

"Fine by me." Niall turns on the radio. "I got him a couple of shirts and a bottle of vodka." Niall laughs loudly, sharply turning the wheel. Louis' neck swings to the side and his stomach lurches, Niall is a shitty driver. Let's just hope Louis can make it to the store alive.

*

"I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree." Louis turns up his radio and grabs his broom singing into the broom with Mariah Carey.

"I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas is you, yeah." Louis belts into the broom, barley able to her Mariah anymore as he drags the broom across the kitchen to sing the next verse.

"I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
And I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree!" He spins around and shakes his hips as he struts into the front door hallway.

"I don't need to hang my stocking
There upon the fireplace
Santa Claus won't make me happy
With a toy on Christmas Day." He covers the top of the broom with his hand and struts around the broom in a circle shaking his hips.