Chapter 22

Black.

Black is all he sees.

Black, but somehow it's different then before it's...blacker.

Louis hearts drop just as he does, falling quickly onto his knees. He hears yelling or maybe it's talking but whatever that sound is it's muffled like Louis' ears are full of cotton. He opens his mouth and screams at the top of his lungs, shutting the shitty holes that ruined his whole life and throwing his arms back in anger. He might be screaming he might not be and he wouldn't know because he can't hear.

But he can feel. Soft rough hands are on his shoulders shaking him and somehow, it's soothing to him so he focuses on it. He closes his mouth as he slowly brings his arms down. Then his hearing is coming back, someone is yelling for him but whom. Focus. He does but nothing happens it's still muffled. More focus.

"Louis!" He tumbles back onto his bum as all his senses come rushing back. "Babe. You're okay." Harry. Oh he's going to miss him. "Open your eyes babe."

Louis shakes his head at him. "I did and I saw black, I saw darkness." Louis whispers and Harry gently touches his hand.

"Come on." Harry pulls and easily yanks Louis onto his feet. "The lights are off. Louis the room is pitch black you need to give your eyes time to adjust." Harry grabs his shoulders and steps closer about a foot away, not even.

"Listen to him Mr. Tomlinson. If I started with the bright lights then it would have a bad effect on your eyes." Dr. White, almost forgot he was here, almost. If this doesn't work and Harry leaves Louis is blaming Dr. White even though it's originally Louis' fault.

"Open your eyes." Harry whisper so lovely, so sweet and no one, especially Louis, can resist that. Louis takes a deep breath before opening his eyes again. His eyes slowly flutter open.

Black.

"Wait for them to adjust." Dr. White says from Louis' right.

Nothing, just black.

"Blink for me babe." Harry says and Louis sighs but he slowly blinks a couple of times and- no way that's an outline of something. Louis blinks again and again and again. His eyes are brightening and that's not just something that's Harry. Those are the curls that everyone loves so much. He blinks faster this time trying to see if this is real and he's not imagining it.

He's not. Harry is coming more in more into view. He's see the whole outline of him now and he just prays that this is real and he's not imagining it.

"What do you see babe?" Harry says.

"You. I see an outline of you." Louis smiles bigger than ever before.

"I'm going to turn on this mini lamp to give this room a little light." Dr. White says and Louis hears his footsteps and soon there is a mini glow from the corner.

He can see.

"I can see. Harry I can see." He says as his face lights up with a smile.

The light barely hits the left side of Harry's face but it's enough for Louis to see...well see. The light hits just below Harry's eye until the middle of his throat. He takes a step closer to Harry, leaving almost no space between them, and places his tiny hand on that defined jaw in front of him. He has to turn his head up to actually see Harry's face completely and he's never remembered him to be so tall.

"Another mini light." Dr. White has so much happiness in his voice as he runs around to the other side of the room and flicks on the second light. This one illuminates Harry's right side and it's just as beautiful as the left. Louis places his other hand on Harry's jaw and runs his fingers along it. He might have touches his millions of times before but now he can see it.