Chapter Five:Jealousy

After learning that this girl identified herself as Constable Gwen Cooper, Jack took her back to see the Weevil. I stared down at my paper.

       "Well, She's pretty." Suzie said, leaning on my desk.

 "Yeah." I said dryly.

         "What was that?" 

"In your voice."

      "I think that was Jealousy." Tosh added, also stepping up the the desk.

 "That was not Jealousy. That was the farthest thing from Jealousy. I can assure you that I am not jealous over anything relating to Jack Harkness."

      "Just keep telling yourself that." Suzie sang, retreating back to her station.

    "Why can't you just admit that you like him?"

 "Because I don't. And he doesn't like me either, so it wouldn't matter if I did."

     "I swear, you are so blind."

 "What do you mean?" I asked.

        "Nothing! Nothing at all!'

~~~

           "Owen Harper, Gwen Cooper." Jack introduced.

          "Doctor Owen Harper, thank you."

        "Toshiko Sato, computer genius, Suzie Costello, she's second-in-command. And this is Ianto Jones. Ianto cleans up after us and gets us everywhere on time."

        "I try my best." 

        "And he looks darn good in a suit." I said, leaning against the door way.

   "Careful. That's harassment, ma'am."

     "An of course you've met my beautiful co-but-basically-mostly-in-charge partner, Dianne Scott."

  "You can just call me Dianne. Or Di, which ever you prefer."

 "But why are you telling me their names? I'm not supposed to know, am I? This is classified, isn't it."

 "Highly." I said, tightening my ponytail."Beyond that, actually."

 "Then you shouldn't be telling me."

 "What are you gonna do to me?"

 "What do you imagine?" Jack asked.

 "Well I've seen too much, you're names and everything, and the weevil and...you can dump a man in the water and lie about his death."

 "Ok, Tosh. Finish that Celebration tomorrow morning. Owen, first thing, get ahold of Chandler and Bell 'cause I think they're lying. Ianto! If he needs back-up then you better be on stand-by. Suzie? I know it's a pain in the butt, but Dianne wants the costing of the glove research on her desk tomorrow morning. And as for you two..." he pointed to us. "You're coming with me."

        "I'm getting tired of following you."

    "Who said I'm going anywhere?" I asked.

       "No you're not, and you never will, and you know you are." He stepped up onto the concrete block and pulled me up beside him. "Step on here, right next to me. Now, you came in through the front door let's take the scenic route." The block started to move upwards, and Gwen and I both grabbed onto Jack's arms.

    "I'll never get used to this thing." I said, leaning my for head against Jack's shoulder. We stopped on the street.

 "But...but they can see the lift. Why aren't they I mean..." She let go of his arm, and I did too. "We're right out in the open."

 "Perception filter. They simply don't notice." I explained. "Observe. Hey! Hey!" The others didn't even look. I stepped off of the block. "Hey!" A guy stopped and looked at me. He whistled."Oh thanks, ha ha...pig." 

  "How does it work?" Gwen asked, as they stepped off of the block.

 "No idea. We know how to use it, not how it happens, but if I were to guess, I would say that there was once a dimensionally  transcendental chameleon circuit placed right on this spot which welded it's perception qualities to a spatio-temporal rift." It was a few seconds of silence."But that's ridiculous."

     "I prefer 'invisible lift' don't you?"

"But if people don't see it when the lift's coming up, there's a bloody big hole in the floor. Don't people fall in?"

"That is so welsh." Jack said.

"What is?"

"I show you something fantastic, you find fault." He slung his arm around my shoulders and started walking. Gwen ran to catch up with us.

Torchwood( A Torchwood/Captain Jack Harkness Fan-Fiction) जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें