Chapter Thirteen: Tell Me Twice

~~~THREE MONTHS LATER~~~

~~~Jack~~~

"Ok, come on, Gwen!" Owen yelled. Gwen screamed as I picked her up and moved her out of the way. We were all playing basketball, Tosh and I on one team and Gwen and Owen on the other. I'd been attempting to keep myself busy. Nobody had seen or heard from Diane in three months, and if we weren't immortal, I'd probably think she was dead. "Right Gwen this is for you baby!" Owen chucked it off of the balcony but I caught it. I tossed it to Tosh. "Just get it off him!" Gwen stood between us as we tossed it back and forth. "Oi!" Gwen slapped it from my hands, throwing it back to Owen. "Oh, come to Daddy!" He tossed it, making a basket. "YES! First round's on you boss! Girls, get your handbags."

"Of course, that was an illegal move." I reasoned.

"Totally illegal."

"Yeah, keep telling yourself that, yeah." Owen told us, making an L with his fingers. "Losers, bye."

"Whatever." I responded, making a W and laughing. I tossed the basketball to Ianto and we made our way out of headquarters. As we walked out, the conversation turned to Rugby.

"He's never seen a live Rugby match." Gwen said.

"I've got better things to do with my time." I told her.

"Rhys knows a bloke whose cousin works at the Millennium Stadium. We should all go to the next home international."

"To be honest, I don't know how Jack could handle a public setting that large." I know that voice. We all stopped, turning around...and there she was. Her hair was much shorter than it was three months ago, and the dark circles that once resided under her eyes were gone. She looked amazing.

"Diane!" Gwen rushed forward and hugged her

"Diane!" Gwen rushed forward and hugged her. "How are you?"

"I'm good, yeah. A lot better. How are you?"

"I'm good." Tosh hugged her next, then Owen, and she came and stood in front of me.

"Hi..." She said quietly. "How've you been?"

"I've been good." I told her. "We've all been good."

"That's good..."

"Oh, for cryin' out loud, just kiss her!" Owen yelled.

"Don't have to tell me twice." he grabbed her face, forcing her lips to mine. My fingers wove into her now short hair, and her hands resided on my chest. She pulled away, smiling and biting her lip.

"Come on. I need a drink." Owen, Tosh, and Gwen walked ahead of us, and I slung my arm over Diane's shoulders.

"You look good...happy." I told her. "You feel good too?" She nodded.

"Never better. I needed the break...man, is it good to be back though."

"It's good to have you back." I pulled her closer to me, pressing my lips to her head. "And I like the hair."