Chapter 6 - Good News and Bad News

Busy all morning, MiYoung totally forgot the time and date. Not until lunchtime, SooYoung looks at her, "We are going out for lunch, do you want to join with us?" the girl asks.

MiYoung shakes her head, "Thanks, but I have my lunch here with me. Maybe next time," she replies. The whole group walks out of the office. Putting the documents down on the table, MiYoung glances at the calendar on her desk. After leaving the big house, she no longer celebrates her birthday, and she totally forgot the date. MiYoung touches the calendar and thinks about her past. He is standing next to her and watched her for almost five minutes, but MiYoung doesn't pay attention,

"Wow, you must be thinking about something really serious." BaekHyun suddenly speaks

MiYoung grasps as she pushes the chair and quickly stands up, "Mr. Byun, you are looking for me." She asks

BaekHyun smiles and shakes his head, "No, I walked out, seeing no one here except you, so I stood here. They are all going out for lunch. Why didn't you go with them?" He asks

MiYoung touches her head, "Oh, I want to finish this before lunch, and I don't want them to wait for me."

BaekHyun puts his cup down on her table, "Are you done with your project?" He asks

"I did." She answered

"Last week, you treated me a dinner. Let's go and have lunch with me," he suggests

"You sure?" MiYoung asks

BaekHyun breaks to laugh, "You sound like we can't go out for lunch together."

"I thought you don't ever go out with girl like me." She honestly says

BaekHyun one more time breaks to laugh, "That thought is really scary. Now let me make this clear. I don't discriminate. How you look and who you are don't affect me at all. I treat everyone the same. Are we cleared?" The girl smiles and nods her head, "Ok, get your bag and lets go." He insists. However, as they walk out of the office, his cell rings, "Oh no, not this time," BaekHyun exclaims and looks at the caller ID. Seeing the number, he knows it would bring trouble to him. He looks at his secretary with concern, "Go ahead," MiYoung whispers. BaekHyun bows to thank and steps to the corner answering the phone call. Seeing his face and his expression, MiYoung knows her lunch has to cancel. She walks back inside and puts her bag down again. The manager runs to the office instead of heading for the elevators, "Sorry, duty call and I have to leave. I..."

"I understand," MiYoung cuts off his sentence with a grin on her face.

The manager runs inside his office and walks out with a tiny box on his hand, "Here, this is to make up my mistake. I still own you a meal." He says and quickly runs out before she could say another sentence, "I'll see you then." He yells out loud, and MiYoung hears the elevator's sound.

She touches on the box with curiosity and opens it. There are three pieces of tiny chocolate in a circle shape lining up next to each other. "Happy Birthday" she mumbled, "At least, I receive a present this year," she says to herself, and suddenly she doesn't want to spend her time alone. Recall of her warehouse friend, MiYoung grabs her bag and walks down the street. After buying a box of cake, she comes to the warehouse's office looking for him.

"Hey, how can I help you?" A young man greets her.

MiYoung looks around to find a familiar face, but he isn't around, "Hi, I'm looking for ChanYeol."

Everyone exchanges glance and stares at her as same as if she is a big monster. Feeling uncomfortable with the staring, she looks at the young man, "Something's wrong with it?" She asks with concerns.