Chapter 3

"Um hello? I said who are you?" She asked again. "Um, I'm uh Skyla" "Well uh Skyla, what are you doing in my backyard....naked?"

I looked down noticing that I was completely naked sitting in the bushes. Well I guess today is the day that I was going to die, at least It won't be from my family, I wouldn't dare give them the satisfaction. "Ah! Shit, what the hell?!" I yelled from the sudden strike of pain in my arm. She bit me! Bitch. I extended my fangs pulling her arm up and bit into her as well. I heard her yelp from it but she didn't pull away, she tasted really good. The taste of candy and juice filled my mouth which was weird, the smell was unbelievable. I haven't actually drank from a vampire before, I never knew they had blood in them, well like I said before I knew nothing about them.

I enjoyed the bonding we were having even though I didn't know this girl. I felt full and pulled away, she did the same from my arm. 'Wow that was crazy' I thought to myself. We stared at each other for what seemed like forever until she decided to speak. "Damn, you taste pretty good for a vampire." She said while smirking at me which I got to say was kind of sexy. "I could say the same for you." Giving a smirk back to her. She stood up helping me up along the way which I didn't need since her delicious blood gave me the boost I've been looking for.

She scanned my body with her green eyes smiling the whole time. I glanced down and covered myself with my hands as much as I could and ran behind a tree. "Aw don't cover up beauty, it's meant to be seen." She said seductively. "Not this type of beauty!" I defended. She got closer and closer making me back up until I hit something hard behind me, 'Damn it tree! You would get in my way wouldn't you?!' I panicked in my mind.

By the time she was at least two inches away and I didn't have anywhere to go. She put both her hands on the tree next to my head blocking me in. "W-what are y-you doing?" I asked. She was getting closer and closer getting ready to close the gap between us. I felt her breath on my lips, I closed my eyes preparing for the kiss that would be my first one. "Why aren't you with the dining hall with the others?" I opened my eyes from the sudden question and I pouted from the disappointment.

"Wait what?" I asked. "Well I mean i didn't know you were a vampire and there's a meeting going on so why aren't you there?"

"Well..I..um" I stuttered. "Well I don't blame you, I wouldn't want to be there either, that's why i'm not there ha." She laughed. I felt confused at first from her calmness out of all this, maybe she doesn't know about me. This is to weird, I need to get the hell out of here. "Well I guess I should be going." I started to turn and walk away, "Wait don't go, can I at least know your name?" She asked. I hesitated for a moment before speaking, "Skyla, Skyla Richardson" Her eyes widened, I'm guessing she's heard about me, well get prepared for the worse. "Oh my god that's such a pretty name! My name is Tristey." She said. I was shocked that she wasn't ripping me to shreds by now..not that I was complaining or anything. "Uh thanks, I like your name to" She smiled at me giving me a chill i don't know why, I barely knew this chick.

"Please don't leave, I don't have anyone to hang out with right now because of that stupid meeting so I was wondering if... you could hang with me for awhile?" I thought of saying no but I have a feeling she's not going to take that for an answer. "Um sure"

We walked around her little town, well it's not exactly little...It's huge! Even the wolves side isn't this big, it's amazing. "You seem very amazed by everything we pass, it's like you don't even live here." She laughed. I wanted to say I didn't but that wouldn't exactly seem smart would it? I wanted to know more about the vampire world and how to tame the thirst. "So, how did you handle being a vampire?" She seemed puzzled from my question. "I'm not sure what you mean?" "Well I mean, when you were little, how did you control your thirst?..you know..for blood?" She still looked confused still but still explained. "Well from what I remember, It was a feeling that I could barely contain. I was sitting in my room under my covers biting my pillow trying my best not to go attack someone, my parents didn't exactly pay that much attention to me because I wasn't exactly drinking any blood at the time and I was dying. I always hated the thought of killing someone but it had to be done. So next thing I knew, I was running through the woods chasing a little eight year old girl. It took merely thirty seconds to drain all the blood from her body. I was so caught up in my thirst that I didn't even think about how old she was, her family, they put up missing signs for her till this day. So every time I feel the need to attack, I just picture the little dead corpse that is laying at the bottom of the ocean right now." "You dumped her in the ocean?" "I had to, I couldn't bury her because I knew I would feel the need to dig her back up and take her to her parents house so at least they would know what had happened to her instead of having hope that she was still alive." "Well...why didn't you just set her body on fire?" I asked. "Because...I don't know, I just couldn't. I guess since I lost someone that I really cared about the same way, I wouldn't want to do the same to another." "Well how do you feed then?" I asked. "I do go feed but only on my own terms,not when I can't control myself." I was so interested in what she was saying, I didn't notice the pack of vampires coming my way.