Chapter 4

We all decided that I would live with Tristey since I don't trust Gel and Meg is just plain weird. I used this as a chance to get closer to my mate and maybe if she goes that way she would feel the same way. Wait a second, oh shit wait does she even go that way? I mean she has to since she became my mate right? Or what if she rejects me? Shit shit shit excuse my language but damn what am I going to do? I guess I'm just going to have to take things slow which is going to be hard since I live with her now.

"Hey Skyla you ready?" Tristey asked. "Sure" Today is the day that I have to go back to the werewolves side to get my stuff. "You don't seem so ready" She said. "Well I mean come on Tristey, I'm a wanted girl in that town and with everything that's happened, I wouldn't be surprised if they have security wolves guarding my house..well old house." I said while picturing everything I just said. "Don't worry, we'll be right here by your side." Gel said while walking up with Meg. "You guys are coming too?" I asked. "Of course, we're your friends and we wouldn't let anything happen to you." Meg said. A warm feeling came upon me and I couldn't stop the smile from appearing on my lips, this was my life now.

"So you guys ready?" Gel asked. "Ready when you are" Meg said. We all stood at the line that separated us from the werewolves. "Wait" Gel said. "What?" Tristey asked. "We never actually made a plan for this did we?" We were quiet and taking glances at each other realizing he was right. "Shit he's right, how were we going to do this? Are we just going to run in there and grab her stuff and go? What if we are out numbered." Meg said. "She's got a point you know." Gel said. "Boy you two always stick together don't you? Ya'll might as well get married sheesh." I said. A giggle came from Tristey that made the wolf in me jump for joy. It loves our mate but I wish i could say the same for her, she still doesn't know yet. I wish I could just come out to her and say it but that would only push her away, it's just hard to fight the urge to kiss her every time I'm near her.

"Look we do have a plan alright, just use your instincts when their is danger near okay." Tristey said. "Okay" we all said in unison. "Okay ready?" Tristey said. "Ready" We all said. "GO!" With that last part we were gone within seconds, running, dodging trees as we flew pass by them. The wind flying through my hair felt great but the familiar scent made me want to puke. "Sky you okay?" Tristey said. "Yeah I'm cool" I lied. I heard multiple footsteps from a distance coming towards us, "I hear someone, hurry up the tree!" I shouted. We each found our own tree that would be thick enough to climb and jumped as far as we could up each one. I jumped at least half way before I dug my nails into the bark of the tree and started climbing.

By the time I reached the top, the footsteps stopped and were standing right below us. They weren't werewolves like we thought they were, but they were humans. 'Why would humans hang around here?' I thought to myself. ''Don't they know it's dangerous to be in these woods?'' I heard Gel said. They were holding hands and giggling, oh my goodness are they seriously on a date in the middle of the woods? Where are their mothers? They need their asses kicked. Wait a second..I know them! The shocked expression on my face brought Tristey's attention and before I knew it, she was in the same tree as I was. "Hey Skyla whats wrong?" "Nothing, I just..." I paused. "You just what?" "Well I..I know them" I finally said. "You do? How?" Gel said. "HOLY SHIT!! Damn it Gel where the hell you come from?! I could've sworn I said don't do that shit!" I tried my best to say without screaming literally. "Sorry" He said. "But seriously Sky how do you know them?" Meg said from behind me. I stopped myself from screaming and covered my mouth. "I.am.going.to.kick.both..of your asses when we are done with this." I said. They all giggled for a brief moment then went back to being serious. "Skyla how do you know them?" Tristey asked. I paused for a moment then opened my mouth to say something until 'Crack' "What was that?" I heard the human boy say below us. I looked down at the branch and noticed that it was breaking, there was to much weight on it from all of us being on it. "The branch is breaking, hurry and get off!" I whispered loudly enough just for them to hear. First Meg jumped off and landed on a branch on a near by tree awaiting for the rest of us to get off. Next there was Gel, he jumped off to a farther branch on the tree next to the one Meg was on. Then there was Tristey, she looked around for a safe branch to be on but she was taking to long. 'Crack' "Hurry" I said trying my best not to panic out of my mind. "Okay" With that she jumped off and barely landed on the tree branch a little farther from the rest of us. 'Thank God' I thought to myself while getting ready to jump off for the branch I already had eyes on but had to make sure my mate was okay first.

I prepared to jumped until 'CRACK' "Skyla!!" Tristey yelled. Everything was swirling, all the wind pressure on my back kept me in one position, my head felt light as I lost the breath I held in. My werewolf instincts kicked in before my vampire instincts did and next thing I knew I was heard bones cracking and growling coming from me. I twirled as I was shifting and landed on all fours, my snow white wolf with blue eyes was now out of me. My ears twitched from a strange sound from above me, it was Gel, Meg and Tristey. "Ahhhh! It's a wolf!!" The human girl screamed. I quickly turned to face them and stare at them for a moment until a thump came from behind me. I turned to face all three of them staring at me, 'Shit, it's over for me' I thought to myself. "What did you do with Sky?!" 'What?' "Shift and tell me what the fuck you did with Sky you filthy beast!" Gel continued to yell. What the hell, didn't he see me shift? I guess not but he's kind of pissing me off by calling me a filthy beast, I do bathe damn it. A low growl came from my mouth while Gel and Meg showed their fangs but Tristey was just looking at me with no expression. Did she know? I stared into her eyes and she stared into mines. We were lost in each others eyes but it was as if she was looking through me instead.

"So your not going to make this easy huh you fowl beast." Okay that's it. I bared my teeth and let out a vicious growl that made birds fly away. Meg and Gel stood in fighting position while Tristey stood off to the side watching. I didn't want to fight them, they were my friends and I didn't want to lose them as well, and couldn't shift back because I didn't want to lose my mate as well. "Wait a second.." The human girl said. I stood my ground thinking of a way on how I can get out of this. "That wolf looks familiar.." The human girl said. I paid no attention to the humans until now, don't do it. "Sk...." I jumped on top of the human girl before she got a chance to finish saying my name. I stared at the startled human girl before licking her nose letting her know it was me.

A huge grin appeared on her face after I did that and started to scratch behind my ears that always seemed to make me wag my tail. She giggled still keeping the smile on her face, "Awww did you miss me babe?" I jumped off of her and sat like a dog wagging my tail awaiting for her to get up. "Babe you okay?" The human boy asked. "Yeah I'm fine" She said. I turned back around facing Gel, Meg and Tristey, they were shocked from my actions and attitude. "What the hell?" Gel said. "You a dog now?" Okay I've had enough of his attitude, I know I'm a wolf but damn. I growled and stood in attack mode as they did the same instead of Tristey, she seemed to drift off into space. "Wait Skyla don't! their your own kind aren't they?" 'Shit' "What did she just call you?" Meg said. Everyone was quiet looking at me, even Tristey's attention came to me at last. 'Well I guess the jig is up' I thought to myself. I started to shift back into my human form as I heard gasps coming from Gel and Meg and the human boy.

There I stood in the woods naked but I didn't really care at this point. "Skyla?!" Gel yelled in shock. "W-what the hell is this?" Meg asked. "Well I guess the cats out of the bag now huh." I said looking at all three of them. "Skyla baby cover up, I know your body is gorgeous but your showing body to the world and that's not cool." The human girl said while putting her jacket on me. "Baby?" Tristey asked with a stunned yet angry look on her face. "Okay look I guess it's time for me to start explaining myself now. I'm a vampire.." I said with a long pause in between, "But I am also a werewolf." I finished. "How is that possible?" Gel asked. "Wait, your the mixed breed that we've been studying about aren't you?" Meg asked. 'They have books about me?' I thought to myself. "Yes, I am" I said. "Now we know why they were trying to kill you." Gel said. "Skyla why is she calling you baby?" Tristey said. "Well um you see...okay look this here is Kimberly. She's my child hood friend and...my ex girlfriend." I said putting my head down feeling the shame of saying that in front of my mate. "Aw baby you don't have to put that ex part in there you know." She said while wrapping her arms around my waist. A growl came from Tristey with her fangs coming out and nails extending. "Tristey?" With that, she ran the opposite direction along with Gel and Meg on her tail. A cold feeling came into me along with shivers. "Skyla are you okay?" Kimberly asked. I picked my head up and finally found the words to speak to her. "Yeah, I'm fine" I said while thinking to myself on how I'm going to get out of this mess.

Done with chapter 4. Skyla's wolf ----->