Chapter 12

Chapter Twelve

After eating our pizza Lily and I went in search for our shoes. Lily’s turned out to be some regular sandals with a pretty white flower on them to match her dress and I found some strapped sandals that match the color of my maroon dress which had small heels. The days past by quickly and every non-mated wolf was getting excited by the day. And finally it was the day in question. Lily and I put our hair into up- dos, applied little make- up, and then our dresses.

“Might I say we look good,” Lily laughed.

“Yes indeed, if I do say so myself,” I giggled.

It was 7:45 p.m. and nearly time for the festivities to start so we headed to the large field in the back of the pack house. Everyone was talking and waiting for the packs to arrive. Music was playing and no one was dancing just yet. Just to excited to do anything, but stand around and talk until we heard it. Everyone’s head swiveled to the right. The other packs had arrived.

“Well that was kind of creepy,” Lily stated.

“We all have heightened hearing, what can you expect,” I said?

“To not be creepy”

“Yea, right”

Victor came out of the pack house leading the other pack the field and stopping at the podium with the rest of the alphas. Victor walked up and we quieted down.

“Tonight is a great night. This night you will find someone important, a mate. Someone you can love until you’re old and cherish the good and bad times. So tonight I say to you, find the person you’re meant to be with for the rest of your lives and love them with everything have.”

We all cheered loudly and commence with looking for our mates. The girls went to one side and the boys to the other. The guys shifted and the girls giggled. “Holy shit,” Lily whispered. I laughed at her shocked face and then looked back to what was happening. One at a time a wolf would come down the line until he smelled his mate and she would shift and they would head into the forest and run together.

Soon there were three girls left and one male wolf. He came up to Lily and smelled her. I could hear her hold her breath until the wolf walked past her and she breathed out again. Then the wolf came up to me and I looked into his eyes and I saw it was the douche Nick and I found myself holding my breath, but I didn’t feel it. I didn’t feel the bond when I looked into his eyes. He smirked and walked to the last girl and stopped. He breathed deep and wagged his tail. He had found his mate. She shifted and they both ran into the forest howling.